My Ameraucana Boys

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
Penny
On the Roost

Re: My Ameraucana Boys

Post by Penny » Tue May 19, 2020 7:19 am

Farrier1987 wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 8:14 am
Do I remember you getting some of the blood lines from Kenya? Three four years ago I did, and they are nice birds, though getting diluted here I am sure.
No. I started with 5 straight run chicks off of Kijiji, which all turned out to be pullets. Didnt know what I was looking for then, but became interested (obsessed?) with the breed and realize they are all nice type hens, so found them a boyfriend. These boys are the results of that. People ask me whose bloodline Im working with...at this point I tell them mine. lol

Penny
On the Roost

Post by Penny » Tue May 19, 2020 7:22 am

kenya wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 2:25 pm
Nice looking boys, the second one is my favourite.
Mine too. He's in the breeder pen now with 3 of my best hens...I cannot wait to see what next season brings me! I would like to start showing poultry next year. I have a copy of the SOP and a pretty decent eye for type, so hoping I produce something decent.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue May 19, 2020 8:30 am

Rest assured that when you do start showing everyone will be helpful. In the past I have asked judges (after the show) for an honest opinion on a bird I was doubtful about and they have always been great! SHow organisers will help you when you coop in to see hw things run.
Above all enjoy!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Photos”