Introducing "Jewel"

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Re: Introducing "Jewel"

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Apr 07, 2019 6:17 pm

I will probably try him over Blue hens, just to see if the dilution would continue, or get covered up by the single copy of black contributed by the blue hens.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:00 pm

I can't wait to see his offspring! Will you be trying him over some Columbian hens at all? :hands:
He's beautiful. Maybe a bit long through the back? But having his tail in the air is exciting! Being rather partial to black and silver, he would not look out of place in my barnyard when you're through with him :-)

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Apr 08, 2019 6:49 pm

Right on the money @windwalkingwolf too long thru the back, that never seems to change so I think I can safely assume it never will.
I don't think I will be breeding him to Columbians any more, but game to try him over Blues, unless he is like Mactavish and doesn't like them ;)

Return to “Photos”