My kiddo's flock.

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
AimeePearn
Newly Hatched Chick

My kiddo's flock.

Post by AimeePearn » Sat Feb 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Fluffy the Silkie rooster decided to take on a standard sized hen... She wanted none of it, and let him know quite firmly, poor thing.
IMG_5898.JPG
I'm a proud mama; my kid can calmly handle bloody messes that I still have to find the nerve to deal with.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

My kiddo's flock.

Post by WLLady » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:18 pm

spunky silkie! bluekote is a great thing for bloody messes...it covers the red (especially if they're white and stain with the blood) with a nice dark blue so the other chickens don't keep pecking at the red and disinfects at the same time. if you haven't heard of bluekote, it's commonly used on horses (and in my house dogs too) and you can find it at tsc or your feed store or you vet too probably. i just get at my feed store...
looks like he's in good hands. :-P
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

madison174
On the Roost
Answers: 1

My kiddo's flock.

Post by madison174 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 5:16 pm

We've had a few silkie roosters thinking they were bigger than they were lol! BluKote is great ;)

Tell your kid, good job. Mine still gets grossed out at the sight of blood. When we need to, she'll hold them still...with her eyes shut LOL!

Flat Rock Farm

My kiddo's flock.

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Sun Feb 07, 2016 6:07 pm

Oh poor little dude, think he learned his lesson??? I bet if given the opportunity he will try it again!!

Return to “Photos”