Update on this year's hatch

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
KimChick
Head Chicken

Update on this year's hatch

Post by KimChick » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:34 pm

It's hard to take a photo with these 9 week old chicks constantly moving, but I got a couple. I had to share a photo of my favourite one. It's a little cockeral with some buff colouring, completely different than all of the others. DH calls him Roadrunner; I've called him Buster, as in it's time to pick you up since you pecked at my hand, Buster.
20181005_104426.jpg
Looks like a mean little guy, doesn't he?
Looks like a mean little guy, doesn't he?
The other chicks are a mixture - looking like barred rock; white with black and/or tan flecks; and black with some tan flecks.
After picking up one of them today and realizing how heavy it was, I'm thinking that after Thanksgiving, we can mix them with the other chickens. They are about the same size as Gracie, the smallest, lower on the pecking order RSL. This was taken in the summer; her back feathers are now filled in quite nicely.
This is little Gracie.
This is little Gracie.
Last edited by KimChick on Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Re: Update on this year's hatch

Post by kenya » Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:39 pm

Pretty colouring on Buster.

Return to “Photos”