Tiny miracle...

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
Penny
On the Roost

Tiny miracle...

Post by Penny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:09 am

I've had chicks hatch at home before but I've always let Momma hen and nature take its course. Bluebell hatched 1 egg last Wednesday and another Friday and then she was done. Took her 2 babies and left the last 2 eggs. Saturday noon i decided to throw out the non viable eggs that she left and as im walking to the dumpster it peeped at me! Not just a little peep...a loud, demanding, I want out kinda peep! It had a little 1" crack! So I grab momm and shove her back in the dog crate with the egg and her 2 chicks. She was ticked...but sat on the egg cause it's a small crate. Next morning I let her out and it wasn't any further along. The crack was no bigger.. but it was still peeping! So....much to my husbands dismay I brought it into the house and rigged up a makeshift hatching spot involving an electric blanket, pillow case, damp paper towel, and a dishpan. I cracked the egg carefully all the way around....and then waited. She's quite the fighter. Meet Ali. She was introduced under momma last night and is quite happy to follow her older siblings around this morning! I found it truely amazing to be this close to such a tiny miracle!
Attachments
IMG_20180715_192105_159.jpg
20180715_135358.jpg
20180715_082718.jpg
Last edited by Penny on Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Tiny miracle...

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jul 16, 2018 10:12 am

Congrats!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Awww she’s adorable and special! Congrats.

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:35 pm

Congratulations! I had mine pip at the wrong end of the egg on Thursday night. I did nothing until Friday....then I helped! She's out strong and healthy under a surrogate Mom.
Nice when everything ends well.

Return to “Photos”