Random poultry pictures...

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Re: Random poultry pictures...

Post by Happy » Sat May 12, 2018 10:03 pm

:drool:
She's gorgeous @Jaye Looks like she helps with gardening too :)

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun May 13, 2018 1:27 am

Amazing how much she looks like a slightly lighter version of the hen behind her! Well, except for the blue legs and feet lol. Do you know, I have NO red birds, not a single one. Well, I have some sexlinks, but they are a recent acquisition, and cannot be related. I DID have Chucky, who was a Polish/heritage RIR cross, and dark red, but he had a full beard, and a large crest...if he was Deanie's sire, I would expect some sign of one or the other of those things on her. But who knows? Her deep bottom, shallow tail, slate legs and her machine gun laying ability make me pretty sure I know who the mother is. I have an Orpington/EE/heinz 57 girl who could be her twin, except for being all black.
She's very pretty, I hope I get more like her this year!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun May 13, 2018 6:41 am

SHe's lovely @Jaye
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sun May 13, 2018 8:40 am

Thanks, @Killerbunny and @@Happy .
Yes, she is very "helpful" in the garden. The other girls think they are "helpful" too. I let them all help with turning the raised beds yesterday, but today the netting will be going up around them and they will all have to find another favourite spot to dig around in when they are out and about. ;-)

@@windwalkingwolf , the hen behind her in the first pic is Biscuit. :-)
I hope you get some birds like Deanie this year too. She's an all-around great hen. She and Biscuit do have similar colouring, but Deanie has dark colouring on her head and neck and lighter colouring on her body, whereas Biscuit has light colouring on her head and neck and darker on her body.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Sun May 13, 2018 1:50 pm

Pretty girl!

Return to “Photos”