For WWW...What am I?

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: For WWW...What am I?

Post by WLLady » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:16 pm

Yep...a she.....and very definitely sloooooooowwww feathering!!!!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:45 pm

[attachment=1]IMG_5724.JPG[/attachment]
5 weeks old. Her name is Stella. I'm starting to realize that she is quite small for her age. It's hard with no siblings to compare to.
Not the best pic because she was trying to escape but shows that she still has some bald areas! Do you still see a girl?
[attachment=0]IMG_5723.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
IMG_5723.JPG
IMG_5724.JPG

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:57 am

awesome leg feathering! i'm reserving judgement on the girl/boy thing here, mostly because i want to say boy...but so hard to tell. if s/he is so slow feathering, other things might be slower too like comb development....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

windwalkingwolf
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:20 am

:iagree:
I am sticking with my original guess...girl or boy with a metabolic disorder... but...those prominent comb points so close to the top of the beak are starting to make me think boy...can you get a full profile head shot? Completely sideways?
Boy or girl, at this point it is still the most hilariously awesome chick ever. @Snyder , I'm sure you've seen odd ones like this, what do you think?

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:46 am

I still think it's the cutest baby ever!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Happy

Post by Happy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 am

FullSizeRender-7.jpg
Let me know if that works. Taken yesterday. This chick is a freak and hates me and believes I'm out to kill it when I get within a meter so hardest of all of mine to get a pic of.
Last night was it's first night sleeping on a perch. They got kicked out of their brooder area but had a perch all to themselves in the "chick room".
Stella is going to need more practice.
FullSizeRender-6.jpg

windwalkingwolf
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:23 am

Yep, it helps. Now I'm gonna bet cockerel, 90 % probability imo.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:55 am

Happy wrote:
Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:54 am
This chick is a freak and hates me and believes I'm out to kill it when I get within a meter so hardest of all of mine to get a pic of.
Last night was it's first night sleeping on a perch.
FullSizeRender-6.jpg
What is it with the single chicks?
My "Singleton / simpleton ? " SOLO, is exactly the same, haven't seen it close up yet, started to hand feed broody and she keeps calling it.... and it's standing 5feet away yelling NOOO you bring it over Here!!!!!
They will have to go in to the main Ameraucana flock soon, to make room for the chicks, and I am afraid in a flock of 14 temperamental Ameraucana hens, that kind of behavior isn't going to go over very well.

Happy

Post by Happy » Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:34 am

Yes I'm in the same boat OC...Lola isn't the friendliest of my chickens but she will eat from my hand and come ask for treats. The chick isn't having any of it. Lola is starting to show signs of going back to the flock soon and I have no clue what I will do with this one from that day forward. Little's lone chick was easy because she's so tame and did a great job of integrating her chick into the flock. This one not so much.

Snyder
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by Snyder » Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:01 pm

WWW not sure what's going on. Have read about different dwarf genes and delayed feather genes in chickens but not much more than what's already been mentioned. And limited personal research into chicken genetics(nothing that would be of any help here). Ducks and geese definitely my strong areas with genetics, chickens not as much.

Return to “Photos”