For WWW...What am I?

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Re: For WWW...What am I?

Post by Happy » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:58 pm

Ok @windwalkingwolf you just may have died of laughter if you were in my coop tonight. Stella Fella is still being a big baby and Lola is still looking after it despite resuming egg laying this week. They have a perch to themselves in my brooder room. Stella was screaming tonight and finally stopped and took a couple steps sideways away from mom. Mom moved over...Stella screams like someone's murdering her then finally stumbles to the side away from mom. This whole thing continued across the length of the perch before I figured out that mom was stepping on Stella's massive bell bottoms and I guess she didn't like being held prisoner lol. Poor thing. Mom is being pretty gentle with her separation from Stella. She's been encouraging her to hang out with my old girls. They don't seem to care one way or the other so long as the child doesn't try to eat "their" food (definition:ANY food)

I'm starting to think she is a she. No sign of any wattles yet and the comb hasn't changed in several weeks since it first started to show colour. She's very dainty in everything she does and she's got her mother's stink eye down pat.
IMG_6101.JPG
IMG_6110.JPG
IMG_6120.JPG

windwalkingwolf
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:34 am

roflmbo roflmbo roflmbo
How could she NOT step on Stellas' pants, they're big enough to have their own postal code! Those aren't feathered legs/feet, they're bloody Zeppelins!! roflmbo roflmbo
One of those vulture hocks are bigger than Stellas' whole backside! I cran picture the scene, squawking, yanking, tripping, sidestepping over and over.
If I didn't know it was all feathers, I'd wonder if there were elephant legs under there, like the Dong Tao chickens. It's like a mullet for chickens, business up top, party down below! :rofl: :rofl:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:31 pm

Ha! Ha! How true, those are quite the pantaloons!

Happy

Post by Happy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:56 am

Yes I definitely have another slow feathering chick. 4 weeks old. Pretty sure this ones a "Fella".
IMG_6187.JPG
IMG_6204.JPG
Stella is really starting to fill out and grow into her "pants" lol. I said early on I thought she would be a looker one day and I still think that. She has a beautiful thick head like a Cochin should. Now she just needs to get a nice booty!

Happy

Post by Happy » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:59 am

Stella update. Mom has now left this poor girl and she's not having an easy time of figuring this out. I've been locking her in the pen with the 5 week olds to try to force a bit of interaction. She doesn't hurt them but doesn't interact much either. I was hoping that little Sherman would step in and take her under his wing like he did for the other Singleton earlier this summer. He and Baby are inseparable now-so much so that he has no interest in collecting more I guess!
IMG_6371.JPG
IMG_6367.JPG
IMG_6342.JPG

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level

Post by Jaye » Sat Sep 02, 2017 11:31 am

Awww, Stella. Hopefully the rest of them will accept her on the roost at night at least.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

windwalkingwolf

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:15 pm

She's being pants-shamed lol

Happy

Post by Happy » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:23 am

IMG_6455.JPG
This guy did some major catching up this week in the feather department. He's not as slow as Stella was but he just may end up challenging her in the pants department lol

windwalkingwolf

Post by windwalkingwolf » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:15 pm

roflmbo

Happy

Post by Happy » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:29 pm

Stella got her groove back!
She's still a weirdo but I see her trying to copy the younger chicks. She has much more confidence and will sometimes go hang out with the old girls even. She's 12 weeks old now. Tonight is the first night she's ok with one of the others "touching her" on the perch. She makes a huge fuss tho if they don't give her "her" spot on the end.
So my advice for anyone with a single chick hatched by broody is to either get more chicks fast to add in OR quickly load up the incubator lol!

Return to “Photos”