New Bantam Rhode Island Red Cock

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Post by thegawd » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:09 pm

:smilewithrooster:

I picked up this beautiful little cock off of Pete Kortis at the Woodstock BST. Silkie Sue and the PTO Chicken Wagon picked him up and brought him back for me, THANKS SUE!

He is by far the most easy going bird on the farm! I sure can tell that Pete took excellent care of him! he let all the kids pose for pictures when I brought him home. he will sit on my hand or lap and let me check him out or pet him, I've never had a chicken like that before! the kids named him Teapot about 5 mins after I got him home, not because he looks like a teapot but because he was sounding like a teapot thats boiling. LOL. I'm ok with that.

Allen caught me a few days ago prepping up the pen for him in anticipation of his arrival, wondering what I was doing with "his cage," he used to have the silkies in it. well I told him about the new bird, and my plans to breed them and he got really excited. I offered these birds to him and he got even more excited. so the Bantam Reds are his now.

Bantam RIR were my first chickens, along with a couple bantam BR hens that I hatched. I still have a couple of those 4 year old hens but I lost my rooster early this spring. I'm very happy to get such a nice looking and easy going cock to keep on breeding these little beauties. Next spring, with the help of Allen we are going to start breeding them to the standard and expand the flock quite a bit!

Thanks Pete!!!

:beer2:
Screenshot_2016-10-24-12-27-02917732479.png
Screenshot_2016-10-24-12-26-44-86053582.png
Screenshot_2016-10-24-12-16-241461647983.png
Screenshot_2016-10-24-12-14-21-1791887983.png
Screenshot_2016-10-24-12-13-23743555708.png
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:36 pm

That's great Al!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:32 pm

Oh he is stunning!! Teapot. Love it!!!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:09 pm

Ha! Ha! Handsome boy!

kortispoultry
On the Roost

Post by kortispoultry » Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:03 pm

Thanks for the kind words Al and I am sure glad that Allen really likes the little guy. He should give you some dandy youngsters this Spring. I also want to thank Silkie Sue for picking him up for you. What a nice and friendly lady she is! A real pleasure to meet her. Then again, it was the Woodstock BST and each time I have attended this, it has been nothing but a pleasure and great experience. I want to thank all the people who purchased birds from us and wish them nothing but the very best with their new acquisitions. Missed big Ross, but it was nice to see Mel B, Kenya, my buddies Doug Batty and Keith Matheson among many, many others. Also a huge shout out to all my super Quebec friends, who came to the BST after they attended the OPB show the day before. Pete.

Return to “Photos”