And ... Fall has arrived

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
Maximus

And ... Fall has arrived

Post by Maximus » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:25 pm

With all this rain, fall definitely has taken on some colour. Finally. We still have plenty of green over here and our colours aren't as vibrant as previous years (drought this summer?) but it's still soooo pretty.

Let's see your colours!

Didn't think I would need a leaf brush, but time to get out the snow brush and get these off the vehicles when it stops raining.
image2.jpeg
image.jpeg

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

And ... Fall has arrived

Post by WLLady » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:57 pm

we lost i would say about 60% of the leaf colour in the rain over last night...lots of naked trees out there now!
but some of the sugar maples are just gorgeous this year! the oranges and almost deep purple red are awesome. lots of yellow, but doesn't seem to be staying up long, more orange and reds still up now. very little green here now.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Maximus

And ... Fall has arrived

Post by Maximus » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:01 am

We are strangely very yellow this year. Normally we are bright red and orange. But I also noticed that the leaves aren't staying on. Interesting.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

And ... Fall has arrived

Post by ross » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:16 am

No moisture in leaves from lack of rain is causing lack of colour in many tree leaves . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

And ... Fall has arrived

Post by Skinny rooster » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:24 am

The colours around here have been awesome, even better the leaves stayed on until now which is really late for us. Last night however the wind and heavy rain stripped most of the trees.

I have to say also that last week I drove through Lanark and area, it was so beautiful, all the maples and oaks were in full colours, then add to that many farmers in the area keep up their log fences and have tidy farms with old style barns, picture perfect.

Brebis
Chatty Hen

And ... Fall has arrived

Post by Brebis » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:44 am

The colours have been drilliant here this year, I've rarely seem so many bright red/organge maples. We had an incredible drought here but the period after has been much like spring with grass and hayfields jumping back to life. We had a slight frost last week but not enough to slow things down much. I'm still pasturing my sheep and expect to keep going for a few more weeks yet and hopefully into Dec.

Skinny rooster, I agree the Gatineau colours are wonderful too, spent last Sunday in the rain with my sisters hiking there and it was beautiful, even getting soaking wet!
Retired dairy shepherd and cheesemaker and former keeper of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd who keeps me fit and on my toes!

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

And ... Fall has arrived

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Oct 22, 2016 9:52 am

Oh yes I love those drilliant organge maples (lol!) The oaks here are still between a dark green and dark red.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Return to “Photos”