Evacuation!!

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Evacuation!!

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:54 am

Aaaaargh bed bugs - you got me! That and head lice. HUbby gave a ride to a friend in our truck and a few days later he goes on about how all his kids had head lice. I swear I went nuts, cleaned the truck seats and kept getting hubby to check my hair, I must have itched for days LOL!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Maximus

Evacuation!!

Post by Maximus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:20 am

Killerbunny wrote:QR_BBPOST Aaaaargh bed bugs - you got me! That and head lice. HUbby gave a ride to a friend in our truck and a few days later he goes on about how all his kids had head lice. I swear I went nuts, cleaned the truck seats and kept getting hubby to check my hair, I must have itched for days LOL!
LOLOLOL!!! That's excellent. Glad to know I have company and take peace knowing you have me to justify your whackiness!!

One of our employees had bedbugs but he didn't tell us until after 2 days of using one of our machines on a job site. We sent him home and paid him to stay home u till he got it under control. He isn't the most hygienic person so we were confident he didn't do his best to not take hitch hikers. Got the machines steam treated and chemically treated. HOLY MONEY!!! I was on edge for some time!!

Mel had bedbugs in her building last year. The building was diligent in treatments and it cost her (and me) a fortune for her to continue to do her laundry every other day, curtains, rugs etc etc., and live out of garbage bags and keep everything sealed etc., and I refused to see her for almost 6 months until they were free and clear for a good month. She totally supported our absentee from each other because she knew I would be mentally unstable for a long time after dealing with that. She still went to work etc. But was diligent in her scrub brush and other things to help not take travellers. You would find me on the corner being a crack addict if that was me!! I could not live with bedbugs. Eeek! I'm all itchy!!

My kids still won't forgive me for when lice was going around daycare and school and I made them wear the hairnets that medical staff wear. It was so brilliant that even the staff at daycare started wearing them. Mel had hair down to her butt and I was determined to not deal with it.

Ok, enough creepy crawly talk! I'm going to need an antihistamine to stop this imaginary itchy feeling.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Evacuation!!

Post by thegawd » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:35 pm

Im sorry about the nightmares Sandy!!!

there are 2 spiders one needs to worry about in Ontario. I told a good buddy of mine out at camp because I found one and showed him. he was happy not knowing anything about them at all but glad to know... he studies every suspicious spider he sees and leaves the good ones alone. so if this works and you want to know click on the hidden images below.
► Show Spoiler
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Maximus

Evacuation!!

Post by Maximus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:15 pm

Eeeeekkkkk!!!! My friend lives in Kansas. She has sent me a few pictures of them around her home and one in her home office.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Evacuation!!

Post by baronrenfrew » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:20 pm

A shopper at a grocery store was bitten by a spider hidden among grapes.

Oh yeah.. Here's a great story for Sandy! A lady bought some big tropical plants at A store (many years ago). She'd wake up in the morn and the plant was moved a foot from where she'd placed it. Every morn same story: the plant was a foot or so from the starting point. She complained at the store: the staff came and got the plants as there had been a recall. It turns out there was a venomous snake in the plant, a type that is nocturnal.

:chores:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Maximus

Evacuation!!

Post by Maximus » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:26 pm

OM*G!! That's it. I'm outta this thread.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Evacuation!!

Post by thegawd » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:00 pm

whos scarring the ladies now Baron! ;-) I didnt want to go into produce or tropical plants! haha I do believe the cfia has pretty strick requirements for importing stuff and guidlines to follow. most are fumigated to kill off any foreign invaders I believe but theres always the chance. when I worked at the petstore I would get a call every few months to come and try to capture little Anoles or gecko lizards from various outlets. I didnt usually find them but would sometimes be lucky enough that the person caught it and wanted it gone. LOL.
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Evacuation!!

Post by Bayvistafarm » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:02 pm

thegawd wrote:QR_BBPOST :rofl: Iv had a number of tarantulas and scorpions over the years. even had one spider that I would put in my mouth and let it crawl out. haha people hated me for that!

:sEm_ImSorry: roflmbo

Ok... definitely certifiable here. lol.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Evacuation!!

Post by thegawd » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:12 pm

Bayvistafarm wrote:QR_BBPOST Ok... definitely certifiable here. lol.
:idunno: :karate: :sighke1: you got me! LOL I know I know I live in my own little world but its okay, they know me here! ;-)
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Evacuation!!

Post by Bayvistafarm » Wed Aug 10, 2016 2:26 pm

I have a spider phobia too. Just hate them. I think one night in bed.... I smeared one that was ON my face.... but it was mush. Couldn't tell you if it was one of those, or one of those things with a million legs. You could put a saddle on some of them I have seen run across the floor at night mostly. But, when you smash those... you usually have a few hundred legs twitching and wiggling around, trying to get out, lol.

I think I would use crack or something if I found a tick on me. That is a horror I never want to have. Ever. Some bloodsucking parasite with its HEAD imbedded in my skin? Ok... crawling again. I was just crawling a while ago.. having been outside working early to avoid the blasted heat out there.

I have also had mites/lice crawling on/up my arms while dusting birds. That is another horror show. Actually SAW them marching up my arms. The clothes were flying off as I ran to the house, hosed my arms/body with the hose, and had the hottest shower I could manage.

I like snakes tho.

Return to “Photos”