Introducing Ava

Let's see them!!!!
Forum rules
Any images that depict illegal acts or subject manner will be removed. You retain rights to your photos but by posting them here you also are agreeing to giving rights to PTO to remove or alter these pictures (size adjustment for example) as needed. To maintain memory usage at a low level we are entertaining deleting photos after a certain time period which at this point will be determined by the time when we run out of data storage capacity.
thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Introducing Ava

Post by thegawd » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:48 pm

look at her now! Good dog and good stuff Sandy! we had a coyote out back last night, not sure how close. Brena went up in arms but im so glad she listens to me, I said house and she went right in the house.... whining as I perused to check things out. didnt find it though.
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Maximus

Introducing Ava

Post by Maximus » Sat Dec 31, 2016 4:56 pm

The yotes always seem to surface this time of year and again early spring. Maybe starting to get low on food sources.

I'm hoping she will keep them at bay. We never saw coyotes or raccoons when we had Cinder. I'm hoping Ava can take over. She needs more maturity and as time goes on she'll learn.

She was recently attacked at the lake so I'm not wanting her to tango with the yotes just yet.

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator
Answers: 1

Introducing Ava

Post by thegawd » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:30 pm

attacked? uh oh, by what?
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Maximus

Introducing Ava

Post by Maximus » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:45 pm

thegawd wrote:QR_BBPOST attacked? uh oh, by what?
By a massive Bernese. The lady couldn't control her dog and she just dropped the leash. Yup, that's right, just dropped the leash and whined he's too strong and she waddled after him. I pretty much lost my poop. Had to let Ava go for her protection while I got her dog under control. It took me a bit to get Ava back,

I live in the moment with my dogs, so I checked her out and we carried on for our walk and played fetch in the water. I had to let my anger go so she could move forward.
We've been back a few times since and she had major hesitation and tried to not come out of the truck but I wasn't having any of that. I always win. Now we are back to being excited once I pull up at the lake. Mission accomplished.

Maximus

Introducing Ava

Post by Maximus » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:48 pm

Day of the attack. The result of us continuing on our walk.
IMG_0361.JPG
IMG_0362.JPG

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Introducing Ava

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:50 pm

Lovely brave girl!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Introducing Ava

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:55 pm

Ugh, I have low tolerance for people who won't properly train their dogs. Glad Ava was OK.

Maximus

Introducing Ava

Post by Maximus » Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:06 pm

Ya I get it .. dogs can be obnoxious at times but as owners we have a responsibility to have control. IF we lose control we need to regain that control immediately and know how to do it. She had no idea what to do. That alone is dangerous when you have an aggressive 200lb dog.
If you could see the submissive dog I handed back to her and how he carried on after he was handed back it was everything in my power to not say hand him over. I believe she would of gladly handed me his leash.

I tied the leash around her waist. This way if he decided to do it again he was taking her down and it would be a slower approach giving me the time I needed to prepare for his approach again.

Maximus

Introducing Ava

Post by Maximus » Sun Jan 29, 2017 9:44 am

And .... some things never change around here!
IMG_0949.JPG

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Introducing Ava

Post by Happy » Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:04 am

Lol pinned!

Return to “Photos”