Sorta funny but sad!

Warning!!!! May contain mild language and off-colour humour. Please try to keep it clean and for all age groups folks.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Sorta funny but sad!

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:34 am

Well I was watching CBS news this am and apparently the vaccine has been delayed at one of the locations until tomorrow because........they are waiting for the tracking number!!!!!!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Sorta funny but sad!

Post by TomK » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:49 am

Not one to bash hard working folks but if that were Canada Post the vaccine would never get there. They've had a package of mine since mid Nov and it is still in transit. How in hell does a properly addressed parcel not get to its destination in over two weeks on a domestic route. And yet a new phone ordered on line shows up in 2 days with the same carrier. They lose or misdirect far too many packages
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:41 am

If it was Air Canada you would know everything was shipped to Winnipeg.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:46 am

hm I'm still waiting on a package from BC....shipping information entered, but no tracking available. LOL. go figure. I did hear that the first 30000 or so doses did arrive in quebec on time :-)
It's a huge job.....
And i'm glad they aren't using Canada post (heck, sometimes they don't even deliver my mail....or they get it to my neighbour!)
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Mon Dec 14, 2020 8:49 am

I can totally believe that KB. I get it, delivery service right now is maxed with COVID and now Christmas. I do find lots fall through the cracks though. I refuse to have UPS ship anything to my house, for some reason even though it shows my correct address on the parcel, the driver on three different occasions has delivered to the same numbered house as our's but to the next road over. :rubbingchin:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Dec 14, 2020 10:37 am

funny AND sad :)
put in an order for 3 articles with Amazon, one shipped the same day arrived next day with Fedex, the other two articles sent by Post Office, the note said. "shipped, may arrive late, but could still be on Time"!!!!!

Just checked the tracking, so it took 7 days to travel from Mississauga to Stittsville, where I guess is taking a brake and resting after the grueling trip ;)

Flat Rock Farm

Post by Flat Rock Farm » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:03 am

@OC :laugh:

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:21 am

I don't usually have anything good to say about our Post Office (and having to trek all the way down the road to pick up our mail from one of those horrid multi-boxes). However, we were stunned to receive a package, delivered to our door by the Post Office just yesterday (SUNDAY)! It was a 2' long grow light bar from Amazon, and it arrived promptly!!! Do you think they are turning over a new leaf? {LOL}.

Linda

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Mon Dec 14, 2020 11:53 am

Linda...nope...but for some reason they just cannot maintain a 'first in first out' regimen..and they misdirect enormous amounts of mail
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:24 pm

I'm going to stick up for the delivery folks just a wee bit. I work full-time shipping items to fulfill on-line orders. The increase this year is something that nobody could have prepared for. Canada Post was unable to pick up any parcels from our stores all last week because there was so much in the pipe-line and mistakes were being made. We are now in the same position with Canpar and UPS. Every one on those drivers I deal with has been working 6 day weeks and minimum 10 hour days since Black Friday. Don't get me wrong - under normal circumstances the snail mail thing drives me nuts. But this year I cut a lot of different people an awful lot of slack. There's extra stuff that happens because of covid that most don't see and it really slows things down.
Probably nothing to do with the missing vaccines though! Lol.

Return to “Humour”