Impending Birthday

Warning!!!! May contain mild language and off-colour humour. Please try to keep it clean and for all age groups folks.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Impending Birthday

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:11 am

Well this gave me a chuckle. I have an impending birthday and Service Ontario sent me a helpful little package so I know what will be available to me.
Apparently I am supposed to Get Active and there is a series of little hints. One I especially liked was "Carry Your Groceries Home"! Well Vian says that I should get right on that today, he will expect me home very late and will send out searchers to check if I died of exposure on my 15km each way trip. We also have to find activities in our community and get social. Not sure how this will work since we don't really like people and I highly doubt the chickens and turkeys are motivated by much except treats. Our friends and family will motivate us too but as we have no family or friends please will all of you guys be our friends LOL????????
Must mention to Swim Coach Jane the Princess of Pain that the suggestion is we break activities up into 10 minute segments. Not sure how that fits with our 3x per week 1 hour hard swim training?
There was a website suggested too and when I checked it out I found the "older adult" stuff by a little icon that was a walking cane. This to me is rather stereotypical.
Anyway luck to all because frankly with some of my wilder activities I never really expected to make it this far.
Off now to discuss exercise with the flock.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: Impending Birthday

Post by Jaye » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:47 am

:laugh: I think Service Ontario needs to update their literature. It sounds like it's at least 30 years overdue for a revisit.
P.S. I think I can with some confidence that " :PTO:"ers do consider themselves your friends. :-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:16 am

That's hilarious KB.

Thought of you the other day when we drove by a large field with over 100 wild turkeys! Not that you are wild or a turkey of course, just going by your avatar. These guys didn't look very plump though. Maybe they get more exercise than yours?

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:19 am

Haha , 1/2 their stuff I couldn’t do when I was 40 they think I’m gonna do it know at 70 full of arthritis with a whole bunch new , old parts in my body . Lololol
As Red Green says it’s the BRAIN that tells yu don’t be stupid before yu hurt your body . Agree KB Rock On in a rocking chair I mean zzzz
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Mar 06, 2019 9:59 am

Hey, we are your friends.... although I admit I will not be helping carrying your groceries home, I will be too busy scaling the snow mountains on my way home from my grocery store, although mine is only 12 KM, but then I am much older then you :)
Perhaps the cane is not such a bad idea, if we don't need it now we will definitely need it after walking on some of the icy sidewalks.
Perhaps we need to get together and beat some sense in to the hacks who write these things with our newly acquired canes ?
Last edited by Ontario Chick on Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed Mar 06, 2019 12:03 pm

no no no! you guys have it ALL WRONG!!!! we need the bright red racing red scooter, with the cane rack (like a gun rack but for a cane). so we can drive down the street in town chasing all those teenagers whose pants are down around their knees so they can't run! ha ha. i'm 11km for groceries. i'm not walking either. carrying them from the car is far enough! ha ha.
do they say anything about splitting and carrying firewood??? LOL
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed Mar 06, 2019 1:55 pm

My regular store is 43 km away. I'll carry my groceries from the car to the house. Even with the nearest store being 4.2 km away, no sidewalks, I would still drive. I'm not in my 20's anymore!
And Happy Impending Birthday, Killerbunny!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed Mar 06, 2019 2:29 pm

Not for a while yet but Thx!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:53 pm

Ha! Ha! Ha! Bet you are in better shape than most teenagers who sit in front of the computer all day. You sure those suggestions weren't for the teenagers!

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:00 pm

:rofl:

Well, I consider you a friend and would be honoured if you returned the sentiment...but I will not be walking with you to get groceries. I might be convinced, after a little hard cider and a lot of advil, to engage in a one-way walkto the grocery store from your place, if for no other reason than to prove to myself that I can still trot that far. After that, there isn't enough hard cider in Ontario to convince me to make the return walk while carrying my weight in groceries. I'm sorry (not sorry). roflmbo
Happy early birthday! P.S. Do you like hard cider? :dance:

Return to “Humour”