speeding ticket

Warning!!!! May contain mild language and off-colour humour. Please try to keep it clean and for all age groups folks.
baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

speeding ticket

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:28 pm

Like many people (and especially children), where rules can be bent, I'll bend them as far as I get away with.

I'm 45 years old, and i've driven about 40,000km's per year since I was 18 so that's around a million kilometres. (I can count my life in the cars I've owned and burned out. one day I hope to stay put.) And I've seen too many people die around me on the roads. I've narrowly missed a few doozies. They say say speed kills...that's a bunch of blarney. Stupidity kills...I'll drive fast on occasion...but I'm not stupid. If its snow, or fog, or dark, I take it easy. And my phone is off (or I pull over). In some situations I'm paranoid, especially in grocery store parking lots.

So the worst roads for me are roads that are essentially highways with "lower than they should be" speed limits. This means roads with 80km/h speed limits that should be 90.

So most of the time I drive 10km/h over the limit and sometimes (and on some roads) faster until I get caught and my right foot gets "reset".

So today a cop stopped me driving 108 on an 80 road (but the road is straight and flat with great visibility! I'm not crazy especially in bad weather...it was dry and sunny!) ( I get a ticket every 5 years...like clockwork.) I was polite, admitted he was right I was driving 108 (I have no other sins on my file so I am otherwise not a troublemaker). Then he asked where I was going with chickens in a cage on the back seat.
I was driving another 20 mins down the road, selling birds recently declared "surplus" due to large numbers of chicks hatched and eggs in the fridge.

And it was "more or less" on my way into Ottawa.
bottom line...fine reduced to 10km's over...$40 fine...no demerit points.

Where's my robot car? I'm "sick" of driving!
Last edited by baronrenfrew on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: speeding ticket

Post by baronrenfrew » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:46 pm

A favorite joke driving song:

I don't care if it rains or freezes
as long as I got my plastic Jesus
glued to the dashboard of my car.
You can buy it in phosphoresent
glows in the dark its pink and pleasant
take it with you when you're travelling far.

You can buy a sweet Madonna
all dressed in rhinestones and sitting on a
pedestal of abalone shell.
Goin 90 I'm not wary
'cause I've got my Virgin Mary
guaranteeing I'm not going to Hell.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Return to “Humour”