Who can relate?

Warning!!!! May contain mild language and off-colour humour. Please try to keep it clean and for all age groups folks.
KimChick
Head Chicken

Re: Who can relate?

Post by KimChick » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:29 pm

We can wait for some fairer weather to do some hot water dipping and plucking in the garage..... to avoid the flying feathers and smell.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:39 pm

thejonesboy wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:08 pm
I'm Guilty of that.
ditto
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:31 pm

baronrenfrew wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:04 pm
KimChick wrote:
Sun Apr 08, 2018 2:25 pm
Define unnecessary.
And I get deep and geeky! I start naming breeds of chickens, and talk about auctions.
The toughest part is not getting all "smartass" when they ask really stupid questions such as "how do you heat the chicken coop?"

Then I get all redneck - yeah the grilled chicken - they're the unneeded roosters. It's tough when its colder, I have to pluck them in the basement.
aaahhh...the smell...

roflmbo :beer: :farmer:
YES! except for the auctions thing, because I don't ever go to them. I will go on and on about length, width, what weight at what age, how this one's leg colour is better than that ones... and sometimes, when I see attention wandering, I go for shock value, completely accidentally. Like how much better a 9 month old chicken tastes than a 4 month old one, or how grocery store chickens are still 6 week old babies, or how I put down a baby last week because it was hatched with it's brain exposed...
Wind me up and watch me go.

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sun Apr 08, 2018 9:38 pm

roflmbo

Boy, i'm glad I found you all! I am so at home here! I check this site daily at least, and more often than my email, and I check other sites and facebook about twice per week.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:45 am

roflmbo
...so I hear birds of the feather roost together....

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:47 am

OK so there is obviously no problem!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:10 am

Ontario Chick wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 9:45 am
roflmbo
...so I hear birds of the feather roost together....
as long as you don't roost above me.

roflmbo

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:27 am

This post brought to my attention, that I do this just like www somewhat for shock value and with "glee",
For example I buy apples for our chickens from the "Reduced Bin" right thru the winter, pretty much all that are there that week.
The unlucky cashier who feels compelled to make any remark concerning my bulk apple purchase, is going to be treated to a lecture on how much the chickens need fresh fruit and veggies when they aren't outside and you know......
Can just imagine the conversation said cashier has when sharing her day's experiences with others.
I personally see this as providing public service. ;)

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:57 am

Lol I do the same. Last year I went to home hardware to buy window screen to replace the old holey screens on my coop windows. They do have hardware cloth for safety against predators but the bugs were the biggest predators of all last year. The salesman tried to sell me spline and tools to go with the screen and I said no I'd just be stapling it on. He gave me a funny look so I explained that my girls were being bothered all night by bugs and it was affecting their mood and their laying. They all got a good chuckle out of that and one smartass said "maybe they'd like a fan too" so I replied that they did indeed have 2 and left.

Return to “Humour”