Genius?

Warning!!!! May contain mild language and off-colour humour. Please try to keep it clean and for all age groups folks.
Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Genius?

Post by Skinny rooster » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:32 pm

This is not a joke either but sometimes reality is funnier. Not sure if I mentioned this before but one day the engineers at work started talking about chickens. I have told them before that I raise chickens, that I belong to breeding clubs but that doesn't count because I am not an engineer, I don't gots no learn'n froms those versity books, so me is dumb, dumb. Anyway one guy was bragging about how smart his kid was. The kid said, "Dad you know white chickens lay white eggs and brown chickens lay brown eggs". The guy went on being impressed saying how intelligent that statement was because in his words "that's completely true". I think some noticed the look on my face, one guy said, "you disagree"? Then the dad went on to say I was wrong before I could answer. Them was fight'n words!!! So I asked him if he knew so much could he name me at least one breed of chicken? He could not, he figured there was probably only three or four breeds anyway. So I started naming white brown egg layers, white rock, chanteclair, Rhode island whites, white Wyandott. Then he said ok but there are no brown chickens that lay white eggs, I just looked at Mr smarty pants, and said, brown leghorns, old English game, rose combs. I told him Google it. I didn't even touch green and blue.... I'm not an engineer, what do I know.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Genius?

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:52 pm

And there I thought you were going to talk about Dumpy Trumpy!
The sad part is there was a segment on a "Lifestyle" programme where they went to visit a lady who raised chickens and she didn't correct the host who made exactly that statement. SO now because they saw it on XYZ programme they'll believe it.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:46 pm

How true, I've heard the same statement at work and had to correct them.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:23 pm

Las week I cooten even spel ingereer. Now I are one.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:24 pm

Chicken miracle!!! Chicken miracle!!!!

Well did anyone see the chicken miracle a few years ago??? Seems somewhere down in I think Guatemala or around that area, some people were given chickens by a charity, to have fresh eggs etc. Anyway, one man reported a miracle, it was truly a sign from God! All kinds of reporters flocked to see the miracle, including the CBC which probably sent about thirty news members at tax payers expense. What was the great chicken miracle you ask? One of the hens given to this man laid a green egg. Yup that's it, they excitedly showed a hen who was clearly part Ameraucana. It could have taken all those reporters one minute to Google and find out if chickens lay green eggs or not.

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Wed Feb 14, 2018 3:17 pm

Well I guess it is a miracle. Ha! Ha! Ha!

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:19 pm

:doh:

Return to “Humour”