Better off with a pet rock.

Warning!!!! May contain mild language and off-colour humour. Please try to keep it clean and for all age groups folks.
Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Better off with a pet rock.

Post by Skinny rooster » Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:29 am

The manager of a feed store was feeling good about coming to work one fine spring morning; however his day was immediately ruined by a call from an angry customer. Apparently the man was in earlier with his children and wanted to buy some baby chicks that the store had. He said the person behind the counter refused only him from getting chicks, causing him to leave with sobbing children in tow. The manager called the worker into his office to ask why he had refused the sale. The clerk explained that when he told the customer to also purchase a bag of chick starter, the customer then asked if he should mix the starter into the soil before planting the chicks or just sprinkle some on top after planting?

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Re: Better off with a pet rock.

Post by TomK » Mon Nov 13, 2017 6:53 am

I just read this... OMG....what???? roflmbo
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:19 pm

:shocked:
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:32 pm

In the 1940's An widow lived in a cabin and cut and sold wood for money. One day at the hardware store the clerk asked what kind of chainsaw she used.

"Chainsaw?" I don't use one of those things; i do it the old fashioned way: handsaw and axe."
The clerk asked "and how much wood do you cut each week?"
"Oh about 4 chords."

"Well with this new chainsaw you can easily double that in the same time."

"Really? Double? Well then i'll try one."

So she went home and worked all week with the new saw. The next week she went back to the hardware store and met the clerk outside. "I want a refund." She demanded. "This thing is useless."

The clerk, dumbfounded asked "well, what's wrong with it maam?"

"This thing is useless. I worked hard all week and I barely cut two chords of work."

"Really," the clerk answered," You should have cut 8 or 10 chords." i have some wood here, let me try it. "So the clerk pulled the starter cord and fired up the saw."

"Aaaack!" she screamed as she jumped back.

"What's that noise?"
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Return to “Humour”