Not qualified to raise chickens anymore .

Warning!!!! May contain mild language and off-colour humour. Please try to keep it clean and for all age groups folks.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Not qualified to raise chickens anymore .

Post by ross » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:30 pm

Ha ha the look of " what I do " to get my back scratched lol . What no chin strap ,Happy ?
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:47 pm

ross wrote:
Fri Aug 11, 2017 4:30 pm
Ha ha the look of " what I do " to get my back scratched lol . What no chin strap ,Happy ?
Good idea! ;)

Skinny rooster
Head Chicken

Post by Skinny rooster » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:15 pm

I agreed with number two, I prefer to talk with someone in the hobby for years, they know things that I didn't even know, I didn't know, lol, you know what I mean? I don't know what a hatch along is? I take pictures to remember them years later, plus I like to look at chickens, I have taken pictures because I thought they were a good specimen but never because I thought they were cute, I don't think that is the same. I don't really care if people dress them up or give them funny names, (it's not my business) those type of people usually are really caring and kind to their animals so I think that's probably the most important part. Mostly I just take this as a joke some guy wrote trying to sound like a crusty old farmer, now I have met quite a few of those over my lifetime lol.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:49 pm

I have to admit that "Roo" irritates me a little, in the same way and for the same reason that ppl riting like this doz. U no who U R. 10 years ago you might have had a character limit in text messages, but not anymore (unless you're a twitterer, in which case I probably don't like you anyway :D ), so there's no excuse but laziness.
I call my roosters cockbirds, and don't feel the need to snigger every time someone makes a Big Black Cock joke, but it happens... especially at daylight savings time when it's time to turn your cocks black.
Balance in all things I say :)

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:01 pm

I am guilty of number 6 and 8. No clothes on chickens for me though, clothes on animals I can't take it, sorry.

JimW
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

Silkie Sue
On the Roost

Post by Silkie Sue » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:10 am

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:49 pm
I have to admit that "Roo" irritates me a little, in the same way and for the same reason that ppl riting like this doz. U no who U R. 10 years ago you might have had a character limit in text messages, but not anymore (unless you're a twitterer, in which case I probably don't like you anyway :D ), so there's no excuse but laziness.
I call my roosters cockbirds, and don't feel the need to snigger every time someone makes a Big Black Cock joke, but it happens... especially at daylight savings time when it's time to turn your cocks black.
Balance in all things I say :)

Mission Accomplished.... Coffee came out my nose..... roflmbo " Cocks Black" roflmbo

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:33 pm

I LIKE it!
However, I have to admit that I was "this far" from making hen saddles to: a) protect the hens from the rooster's toe nails; and b) possibly prevent sunburn. Because now we have to deal with another hen with an open wound on the top layer of skin before it gets worse and infected.

Return to “Humour”