Spoonerisms make me smile

Warning!!!! May contain mild language and off-colour humour. Please try to keep it clean and for all age groups folks.
Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:52 pm

Hubby just walked by and said, "I'm going to fight the liar". I said, "Huh?!" He said "Oops, meant to say 'light the fire".
I like spoonerisms.
Does anyone have any favourites that you'd like to share?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:05 pm

"Cart the Star". I do this all the time, I didn't know there was an official name for it LOL!

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:09 pm

Good one!
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Nov 26, 2016 7:47 pm

I went through DQ drive through with my nephew and I asked for a buttered crotch sundae. I'm the popular uncle who tells dirty jokes to my nephews.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Jaye

Post by Jaye » Sat Nov 26, 2016 8:35 pm

They obviously found that hilarious. :-)

pipes
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by pipes » Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:08 pm

I avoid DQ now. The teenagers don't get it when you ask for a Penisbutter parfet (sp?). Honestly, it was a slip of the tongue, no pun intended, and didn't realize I had said it. My wife pointed out that I had said something inappropriate... and "It wasn't funny. Don't try that again"! After all I placed her order... Problem is, now that I know what I said, I cant stop saying it that way. Too funny to stop I guess...
I'm not saying get rid of the stupid people, I'm saying do away with the warning labels and let the problem work its self out.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sat Nov 26, 2016 10:11 pm

Hmmm....i can say the whole fam damily...i mean the whole fam damily...um. lol
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

windwalkingwolf

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:55 am

pipes wrote:QR_BBPOST I avoid DQ now. The teenagers don't get it when you ask for a Penisbutter parfet (sp?). Honestly, it was a slip of the tongue, no pun intended, and didn't realize I had said it. My wife pointed out that I had said something inappropriate... and "It wasn't funny. Don't try that again"! After all I placed her order... Problem is, now that I know what I said, I cant stop saying it that way. Too funny to stop I guess...
My husband once ordered a pizza over the phone "with green peckers". It was an oopsie at the time but got such a reaction that he continues to do it on purpose. 20 years later. We don't get takeout pizza often, so it's still pretty funny listening to the person on the other end search for words or lose it a little!

windwalkingwolf

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Nov 27, 2016 12:57 am

:doh: :rofl:
baronrenfrew wrote:QR_BBPOST I went through DQ drive through with my nephew and I asked for a buttered crotch sundae. I'm the popular uncle who tells dirty jokes to my nephews.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:56 am

I heard one on cbc that actually made the broadcasters stop and then they couldnt stop laughing.
They were doing the station id and it came out as "this is the cbc-the canadian broadcorping castration"
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Humour”