Question Searching for Paula

General discussion forum.
desetoile
Newly Hatched Chick

Searching for Paula

Post by desetoile » Tue Jul 04, 2023 9:27 am

Good morning all,

I am looking for the woman I purchased a young bantam Barbu u'Uccle from over 10 years ago. Probably closer to 14 years ago. Her name is Paula and she and her husband had a landscape company in Branchton near Cambridge. This little hen BeeBee was a house pet and she just passed away last night. I'm heart broken as you can imagine, but I would like to let Paula know how well loved she was and if perhaps we can figure out how old she was. I've long forgotten the year and no longer have those emails. Some of my coop/egg hens are now over 10 years also.

Thanks for all and any help provided.

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Re: Searching for Paula

Post by Bayvistafarm » Wed Jul 05, 2023 2:36 pm

I sent her this message... maybe she will contact you! Shes not on this site anymore, she figured when she got rid of her chickens, she should sign off. I'll see what she says.

desetoile
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by desetoile » Mon Jul 10, 2023 7:52 am

Thank you, Yes, BeeBee was my last hen and I haven't been here for quite a while either. And yes, I met her here on this site many years ago (I think site the name was slightly different). I just wanted to see if she knew the year BeeBee was hatched, and for her to know what a good long life she had. Thanks again.

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Thu Jul 13, 2023 11:06 am

From Paula.... she didn't say the year.. sorry.

I think her name is Renatta, it just came to me. Sure just tell her I am sorry BeeBee passed. I know she was a Black Mottled D’Uccle I either hatched or got from Brigitte “Giddy Up”. I also know she was a house chicken and she loved her a lot. They are such sweet little chickens.

desetoile
Newly Hatched Chick

Post by desetoile » Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:07 am

Thanks for passing that note on. Yes, she absolutely was a black mottled d'uccle so she's got the right hen and person (name sort of close lol). Thank you very much for your effort. I will somewhere find a clue as to the year I got her.

Return to “Around the Waterer”