Good Morning - 2023

General discussion forum.
lolotsung
Free Ranging

Re: Good Morning - 2023

Post by lolotsung » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:18 pm

Our Lab when he was a puppy... ran outside and ran right back inside... Terrified....then right back outside slowly...one paw at a time...then he went crazy... Hey... This stuff is fun to play with... 😂🤣😂
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:56 pm

Kukla is a winter dog despite having a short coat. I attribute it to her love of running after almost anything!
She turned 2 this past week, how time flies!

Today at Grass Creek Park (where they do the Canadian Sheep Dog trials)…
8A3CD7E7-DBFE-4762-A0C1-D86D43E733FE.jpeg
Last winter…
783E5EC0-0838-4EEB-AD2F-593B05820169.jpeg
Retired dairy shepherd and cheesemaker and former keeper of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd who keeps me fit and on my toes!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:40 pm

2 sandhill cranes flew over here today. Is this late?
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:37 pm

lots of geese overhead this morning, I was also wondering if it was a bit late..

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:59 pm

Merry Christmas - My daughter and I
Merry Christmas - My daughter and I
It's been very warm. Are the birds confused?
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:54 pm

Hi all.
Sorry that I haven't been posting. Things got busy and I fell out of my normal habits and it seems I make new habits quite easily 🙄. I will be diligent to get on here more often.
I've had two of THE WORST colds ever so far this fall. One in September just in time for our trip to Ireland and one that has now bounced back on me for the third time in the past 3 weeks. I can't seem to completely get rid of it. I went for 2 strep tests because my throat was so bad 2 weeks ago that I couldn't even swallow my own spit. I lived on extra strength Tylenol and Advil taken together every 5 hours for two weeks. Fingers crossed that I've hit my limit for the season.
I hit a deer last week on my way home for the first time ever. I swerved out of pure panic and instinct and was very lucky to keep my car on the road. It was horrible. 5pm and dark. I am very cautious driving through the area where I hit her because I see deer there a lot. It didn't matter. She was in front of me out of nowhere. She didn't die right away and I could see her struggling to get up when other cars got close enough for their lights to shine on her. I was horrified to see her suffering and equally worried that a worse accident was going to happen because she was in the middle of the south bound lane. Two other cars hit her before she stopped struggling. A few guys stopped and dragged her off the road. I waited an hour for an officer to arrive because I knew I needed a police report. Got my first estimates yesterday and it's looking like about $8000. Hood, whole passenger light assembly, front quarter panel and back passenger door. Given the roads I travel it has probably been a matter of time.
We lost our little house chicken last week-Gracie. It is eerily quiet at home now. I cleaned and packed up her cage and put away all of her things but catch myself accommodating her in little things throughout the day. The other night I was opening some corn for supper and grabbed a few kernels to set aside for Gracie before I put them in the pot. I still don't turn any lights on when I get up at 5am so I don't bother her. See...creature of habit.
I am officially the only person in my family now with a home large enough to host Christmas so my husband and I are hosting 13 for Christmas day and our home is still half under construction 😂.
It is what it is...

Happy

Post by Happy » Sat Dec 09, 2023 5:54 pm

lolotsung wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:59 pm
20231206_211935.jpgIt's been very warm. Are the birds confused?
Very cool picture ❤️

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Dec 10, 2023 5:31 am

@Happy sorry to hear about the problems of the last few months. Awful about the deer but you couldn't have done anything. I've officially had enough of this year with losing favourites. You are so right about habits. We lost Sister and grey girl and finally poor Frank our old rooster last week. He always sat at the coop window in the am to greet the sun and I still look up when I'm taking up the waterers to open them up. It's a reminder that our flock is aging. I did add some day olds that are now 4 lovely pullets, 2 buff orpingtons and 2 partridge chanteclers. Said I'm not going to get attached - right and there they are at the patio door. Tweeps babies are coming up to 9 weeks now and she has raised all 5 so far. 2023 can end any time now!
Mutt chickens for eggs

Happy

Post by Happy » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:42 am

@Killerbunny sorry about all of your losses. It's all those little things that you don't really notice as they're happening that you miss the most when they're gone.

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Dec 11, 2023 5:56 am

SO to lighten it up a little one of my Buff Orp pullets went missing last evening so we searched. Found her under one of the coops right in the corner where you couldn't see her unless you took the front skirt board off the coop. Her and her 31 eggs!!!!! Wondered why they hadn't both been laying.
Mutt chickens for eggs

Return to “Around the Waterer”