Good Morning

General discussion forum.
labradors
Head Chicken

Re: Good Morning

Post by labradors » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:17 am

Grrrr O.C. Why do people make us do turn into fish wives?

So glad that our back is fully fenced. The front isn't and we, and our neighbours had two huge poplars taken down last fall, on our respective properties. (I was nervous about possible damage to our house if our tree blew down). New growth had sprouted up around both trees and was looking really nice - until yesterday, when the neighbour decided to hack down, not only theirs, but ours too. What the?

Linda

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Aug 21, 2022 2:15 pm

@labradors when I go back to when our "wetland neighbor" adventures started and read the e-mail exchanges, I can't believe how Conciliatory I sounded. What was I thinking????
The British saying of "Start as you mean to go" would have been a good way to go.
Your Poplars will come back, now is the time to tell you neigbour you play to keep one or 6..
They take about 40 years to maturity, plenty of time to decide which ones you plan to keep on your property. :)

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:25 pm

O.C. Yes! It doesn't pay to be nice! Neighbours are too close for comfort!!!

Yes. The poplars will return. One of us is going to have to speak to him........... It's true that we won't have the problem of the trees getting too tall in our life times ;).

Linda

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:37 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 9:33 am
Just had an encounter with another "wetland Neighbor" who wanted an access to our property, started as a pleasant person conversation and ended up me sounding like a "fish wife" so like @Happy says, pretty much tired of everybody's poop
Why the heck do they want access @Ontario Chick ?
Our tiny hayfield,2.5 acres, used to be a constant hassle. We kept getting told it was public land (Real Estate Agent telling them that when they purchased or rented). One lot lunged horses on it and didn't take kindly to being told to get the f**k off when they wouldn't at first. We didn't want to be responsible for a broken leg (horses didn't much care about the human). never run into this before only when we moved here.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:22 pm

Our neighbour (and every neighbour before) kept on mowing our lawn I told him not to a couple times. Although he had 5 acres the house is built very close to the property line. Ours is in the middle so we don't go north of our house much. I wanted the forest to grow naturally. Every year he mowed more. He was getting about 30 ft into our property. The others mowed about 10 ft. Then the last straw was he put a giant white propane tank ON OUR PROPERTY! I told my husband. We need to build a fence. Well I nicely convinced him to move it. Took 2 years. Then the minute it moved. Fence went up. We fenced all 5 acres. No more neighbour issues and looking really wild now. Have to say they were all very nice. They all have perfectly mowed lawns and I'm guessing the wild look annoyed them...
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon Aug 22, 2022 3:14 am

Old saying “ good fence makes good neighbours “
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:53 am

labradors wrote:
Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:17 am
Grrrr O.C. Why do people make us turn into fish wives?

So glad that our back is fully fenced. The front isn't and we, and our neighbours had two huge poplars taken down last fall, on our respective properties. (I was nervous about possible damage to our house if our tree blew down). New growth had sprouted up around both trees and was looking really nice - until yesterday, when the neighbour decided to hack down, not only theirs, but ours too. What the?

Linda

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:05 pm

My lawn mowers are fenced in, but they still hastle me all the time.
Attachments
IMG_4009.JPG
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:07 pm

:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:31 am

@Farrier1987 You do get the best pictures. Mind if I do a painting of it?

Return to “Around the Waterer”