Good Morning

General discussion forum.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning

Post by Farrier1987 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 7:29 pm

Had to go into Windsor today, first time in about two years. Trucks backed up about 10 km trying to cross the bridge. I got stuck in it for a while, finally drove down the sidewalk to a cross street to get out of it. Vietnamese food was just wonderful.

One egg today, eight yesterday.

Still feeding Marilyn Munro cat food and Marshall wasn't sure I should be.
Attachments
Marshall and me and Marilyn Munro.
Marshall and me and Marilyn Munro.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:36 am

Well I placed my seed order with a well known Ontario seed company on Jan 15th. Was advised that orders would ship in 4-5 weeks. Which was fine but I had several varieties of peppers in that order that I wanted to get going asap once received.
Order STILL hasn't shipped. It has now been 7 weeks. They took my $171 bucks pretty quick though. Emailed them and got an auto reply that they're behind (due to covid) and busy...
This is the 3rd year in a row that I'm hearing covid being blamed. Part of me gets it. But we are years into this now. Not months. Next year I will be getting whatever seeds my local farm store has. Or finally figuring out how to save seeds.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:09 am

@TomK is great at seed saving. You're right, COVID has become the excuse for everything.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:10 am

@WLLady nice - didn't know we could do that!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Fri Mar 04, 2022 8:54 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 7:09 am
@TomK is great at seed saving. You're right, COVID has become the excuse for everything.
absolutely, @Killerbunny ..it is used for every failing these days...the seed companies can't use "no seeds" as an excuse...they have had them since last fall...maybe a lack of staff but we are in Covid decline and the restrictions are easing all over...maybe people have gotten used to not working, who knows....my seed orders came as promised...I still have to buy the gourds and cukes...i can't grow them far enough apart to avoid cross pollination and get hybrid weird stuff...
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:49 am

Good morning, love the split frame, great job @poultry_admin

Went thru another traumatic grocery store visit yesterday, is it just me, or is everything 1$ more then last time I went shopping.
May have to quit the whole thing all together, still recovering from paying $8 for 1lb butter.
May never be the same.
Everybody ready for a heatwave on Saturday / Sunday ?

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:03 pm

Butter has gone up to $5.97 at Walmart, likely more at other stores. Gas went up yesterday to $1.58.9/Liter. Everything has gone up except most peoples' incomes. Carbon tax went up recently - I still think that is just a money grab, especially since they charge GST on it. Interest rates on loans are going up, but not in investments. I'm going to try to grow vegetables this year and I'm thinking I need more younger hens for eggs. ;) Meat is sooo expensive. Chicken feed is more expensive and so are eggs in the store. Home grown eggs taste better so I'd rather pay for them. Besides, chickens provide cheap entertainment!

Kbr42
Head Chicken

Post by Kbr42 » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:12 am

Happy wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:36 am
Well I placed my seed order with a well known Ontario seed company on Jan 15th. Was advised that orders would ship in 4-5 weeks. Which was fine but I had several varieties of peppers in that order that I wanted to get going asap once received.
Order STILL hasn't shipped. It has now been 7 weeks. They took my $171 bucks pretty quick though. Emailed them and got an auto reply that they're behind (due to covid) and busy...
This is the 3rd year in a row that I'm hearing covid being blamed. Part of me gets it. But we are years into this now. Not months. Next year I will be getting whatever seeds my local farm store has. Or finally figuring out how to save seeds.
We had the same thing happen to us. I emailed them. They said it would be 5 weeks from when we ordered. Which was Jan 15th, thinking that was early. About a week after they sent me an email, they shipped the seeds. Which we got this week. Same excuses

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Post by poultry_admin » Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:36 am

Ontario Chick wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 10:49 am
Good morning, love the split frame, great job @poultry_admin

Went thru another traumatic grocery store visit yesterday, is it just me, or is everything 1$ more then last time I went shopping.
May have to quit the whole thing all together, still recovering from paying $8 for 1lb butter.
May never be the same.
Everybody ready for a heatwave on Saturday / Sunday ?
We can do anything! :banana:

I choked on butter for $5 that was 'on sale' for 0.5 off.
Yes, I notice it, too. it feels like hst was added twice....
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sat Mar 05, 2022 11:33 am

Kbr42 wrote:
Sat Mar 05, 2022 8:12 am
Happy wrote:
Fri Mar 04, 2022 6:36 am
We had the same thing happen to us. I emailed them. They said it would be 5 weeks from when we ordered. Which was Jan 15th, thinking that was early. About a week after they sent me an email, they shipped the seeds. Which we got this week. Same excuses
Funny enough I got a reply to my email yesterday afternoon telling me that my order was in the shipping department now. Honestly...I'll believe it when I see it now.

Return to “Around the Waterer”