New nonsense

General discussion forum.
lolotsung
Free Ranging

Re: New nonsense

Post by lolotsung » Sun Nov 14, 2021 11:04 pm

there must be a dog at a shelter/rescue that needs a home...wait a second...what if nefarious kijiji auctioneers are buying dogs at shelters (reason for the long waiting list) and then selling them by auction on kijiji? :-o
RE: money from the government...it should be spent on people that really need it...eg. no fixed address, mental illness, handicapped, seniors with a fixed income, battered women, etc...i was a poor starving (literally i know what hunger is) student...it's simple...you have to work then spend less than you earn...put the extra in the bank for a rainy day eg. a pandemic :lol:...i found 2 roommates (went from $300/month to $150/month rent) and they cooked and i have never been hungry since :lol:
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Nov 15, 2021 5:42 am

I hear you @lolotsung we've been there too.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Thu Nov 18, 2021 3:37 pm

I think a lot of people get cats or dogs from shelters or people who are giving them away and then put them up for sale on the internet. Kijiji in the Regina area still has a ton of people breeding miscellaneous dogs and advertising puppies for outrageous prices. I find it hard to believe that all the puppies will find good homes. Then what happens to them? I have been considering getting another dog, but I'm not going to pay thousands of dollars.

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:05 pm

i don't care who you are or how much money you have, but if you spend more than a grand for a purebred dog or a coupla hundred bucks for a mutt there is something wrong with your head and you sure as hell have no respect for money...just sayin' :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Epona
Starting to Crow

Post by Epona » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:42 pm

TomK ur dead on. Don’t you just hate all this Christmas puppy stuff now happening on Kijiji…..they are not a box of chocolates. My daughters grabbed a poodle x Jack Russell pup from a farm they worked on. It was a “Christmas gift” for the wife…no one bothered to house train….got tossed out to the barn after a couple of accidents….competed with the big barn Shepard’s for food. They owners were trying to catch it to shot him or dump him on a road. My youngest caught him, threw him in her car and ran like hell. The girls bathed him 3 times and had to shave him so he could see and move his limbs freely. Well 15 years later, he’s a bit blind and lost his hearing……but he has a groomer he visits quarterly, and he has earned the title “the chosen one”…. as he travels all over NA with my oldest daughter.

Epona
Starting to Crow

Post by Epona » Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:48 pm

Sorry…didn’t mean to rant….just we see this crap with chicks and ducklings come spring and Easter. I never personify animals. I treat them with respect and in a humane manner whether they are a food source, work on the farm or a companion.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Nov 18, 2021 8:21 pm

TomK wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:05 pm
i don't care who you are or how much money you have, but if you spend more than a grand for a purebred dog or a coupla hundred bucks for a mutt there is something wrong with your head and you sure as hell have no respect for money...just sayin' :run:
The thing is a reputable breeder has spent a LOT of money on their lines, vets and things like tests for dysplasia etc. and whelping costs. They will charge top $ for their animals and so they should. It is your responsibility to research your breeder. Problem is when dogs are sold as a certain thing at top $. It's like when people complain about Greenfire prices when they have gone to the trouble of importing lines etc. These are not $6 chicks. Recently a person on FB (not from here) was complaining about her Faverolles PP chicks not looking correct per SOP. I have both PP chciks and Titan lines and the special lines sure as he77 are pricier!
OK my rant over now too.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Nov 19, 2021 8:29 am

TomK wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 7:05 pm
I can tell you haven't gone dog shopping in a while @TomK ;)
Purebred Dog from a reputable breeder with all the health clearances on the parents will start at around $ 2 000 depending on the breed.
Dog from a "rescue" organization $ 300 and up and you take you chances on a dog that may have never been inside an actual house.
time have sure changed in the dog world.
But then times have changed.

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Fri Nov 19, 2021 3:10 pm

Holy Molee OC!!!! Prices are WILD!!!

Linda

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:19 pm

This is from Cawarra where we bought Otis:

The pups are $2000 in total and will have been vet- certified, dewormed, tattooed and had their first set of shots by the time they leave at 8 weeks of age. They will be registered with the Canadian Kennel Club and come with 6 weeks of free Pet Plan Insurance. They leave with an information package which will help you properly introduce your new pup into your home and guides you through the important first few years. They are very well socialized as I spend a great deal of time with each litter.. I have a full written guarantee- 4 years on hips/elbows, five years on eyes and temperament is guaranteed as well. Our program includes full screening on all the parents ie. 2 hip evaluation methods (OFA and Penn-Hip), elbow certification and eye examinations as well as further genetic testing ie. Optigen, CNM and EIC tests.  All of this helps us produce sound and healthy Labrador Retrievers, that will make great additions as companions or performance dogs. All of our dogs are sold on non-breeding contracts and we recommend spaying/neutering our dogs. 

Our dogs are our family companions first and foremost and travel with us to the cottage and spend most evenings indoors with our family. I compete and train regularly with several of the dogs in CKC,  HRC Hunt tests and CKC Obedience trials and I also show them in CKC Conformation events when time permits. We also have dogs in the St John's Pet therapy Program. 

Champion line but not as Award winning as our first Lab. Our first Lab was the daughter of one of the top Labs in Canada and the US. Ace and Aslan. She was $350. First choice went to the breeder. 2nd choice was $400 3rd was $375 and 4th and onwards was $350. This was 41 years ago.

Talking about puppies. Look how cute Otis was 😍😍😍
20190414_110420.jpg
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Return to “Around the Waterer”