New nonsense

General discussion forum.
kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

New nonsense

Post by kenya » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:23 am

Not sure if that's the right title or maybe newest scam would be more appropriate.
So now on Kijiji looking at a year old dog, email them that I'm interested in the dog and how much do they want for it. They reply that money is no issue just looking for the right home. I email again saying I'm very interested, tell them a bit about myself and that I would like to come out and see the dog. No response, I see the ad is still up. Again I tell them about myself and let them know I am very interested. This is a few days later. I get a message back that so far the dog is up to $4,500.00 and would l like to make a bid.
WHAT? I thought it wasn't about money. Guess not.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Re: New nonsense

Post by WLLady » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:27 am

wow! bidding to buy? WTH??! wow. just wow.
this is insane.....the levels some people will stoop too.
I find this right in line with those that decided to get the gov covid money now complaining that because they got more money with the covid program they have to pay more tax, or are losing their child benefit next year.....are people really this insane??
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:46 am

Wow, crazy doesn't even begin to describe it.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Nov 12, 2021 12:22 pm

WLLady wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:27 am
I find this right in line with those that decided to get the gov covid money now complaining that because they got more money with the covid program they have to pay more tax, or are losing their child benefit next year.....are people really this insane??
That's interesting you mention that because I just had quite the conversation with someone I work with about the loss of child benefits for the exact same reason and she said and I quote "I hate our dumb ass government so much. How could they take money from children?" Ummmm...😳🥴🙄

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:37 pm

WLLady wrote:
Fri Nov 12, 2021 11:27 am
In answer to your question: Yes.

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sat Nov 13, 2021 5:59 pm

Sad. Poor dog, being sold to the highest bidder....

Linda

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Nov 14, 2021 8:23 am

Sounds like a scam to me. If you are looking for an older dog. Try doublelspaniels@gmail.com

DoublelSpaniels they're on fb. They have been retiring some of their dogs. They also have puppies. Reach out to Lynn, she is wonderful. Good luck.

Epona
Starting to Crow

Post by Epona » Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:19 pm

We’re looking to bring on a pup as well. Kijiji is a real scam enabler. I enquired about the pup, with a bit of background info. I got 3 different confusing replies from 3 different people; 2 different phone number contacts and a weird send deposit email. I backed out ASAP. Our current aging pups cost $100 for a Pyrenees pup 8 yrs ago and $400 for a registered Doberman pup 10 yrs ago. I had heart failure when I saw what they want for mixed breeds that we used to be able to get for $25 from the a farm sale…healthy and well adjusted. Anything purebred is hitting $3,000. We used to get a lot of calves for that kind of change. Have you noticed the crazy spelling in a lot of the ads….”pure bread” is one of my favourites. We are now on a huge waiting list at the local animal shelter.

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sun Nov 14, 2021 3:10 pm

Crazy! But in a way it's a good thing that there's a waiting list for a shelter dog. There was much concern that there would be a lot Covid dogs dumped there when people returned to work.

Several people on our street got new pups at the start of Covid and we saw them all walking for a long time, then it all petered out and we didn't see them out any more, or rarely :(.

Linda

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Sun Nov 14, 2021 10:41 pm

wow, CRAZY PRICE!! ...our neighbour bought a puppy from a nearby farmer and he hardly needed any training...guess his mom taught him...he never let the chickens in the gardens (she has beautiful flower gardens and a large vege garden) which is amazing :lol: i have used kijiji to find local farmers to take my roosters (didn't have any luck on Facebook)...for a dog i would go to a reputable breeder or a rescue dog...Otis is from Cawarra Labradors...she is really organized...beautiful dogs ...could be aggressive if you get one from an unknown source...my brother's friend bought one from a backyard breeder...he said got a good deal because the breeder accidentally bred a brother and sister... then about 8 months later the dog bit his son in the face...he had to get many surgeries to reconstruct his face...he said the dog was never aggressive and then it went berserk one day...he had to shoot it...someone on kijiji asked my brother if he could see his boat on a long weekend and my brother said he was busy and next thing you know he was almost robbed...they cut his electrical wire to his security camera but i'm guessing they must have been scared off by a neighbour or something...they left the front door open...kijiji helped me find a local farmer named Larissa and she loves chickens and the breeder of our orpingtons...she used to go to the royal winter fair every year but she said it was quite a bit of work getting all the poultry ready and dusted when they return...so she stopped
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Return to “Around the Waterer”