Heads up!

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Heads up!

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Jul 04, 2021 12:03 pm

OK so this is just a warning and follow up to my post about idiots and hayfield fireworks. My neighbour keeps horses including a stud stallion and since the grow op bust on our road has been having a lot of problems with people cutting across her crop fields to get to the house in case there are any drugs left. We also have a meth lab on a concession up that has been busted multiple times including assaulting police but "because of COVID" courts are doing catch and release much to the frustration of the cops. latest is them throwing firecrackers into the hayfields. Police refusing to do anything unless she catches them in the act although we all know the vehicles involved. She is a widow living on her own and after the latest visit from police was somewhat upset and cried. Police said nothing we can do but we'll send "someone" round. That person was a SOcial worker sent by the Police. Main line of questioning was "where are your guns?" SHe said she didn't have any. Just found this a bit intrusive and is not third hand because DH is helping her set up security cameras. SHe was also warned against setting spikes in the field entrances because she would be charged.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Heads up!

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:49 pm

Well, they aren't being helpful at all. Must be very frustrating and disappointing for her to go to the police and have them do nothing. Good thing you both are helping her out.....

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Sun Jul 04, 2021 1:52 pm

Why are they throwing firecrackers in the fields? Good idea, send a social worker to the house, threaten to charge the lady, tell her she has to catch the vandals, and "Do Nothing" that solves the problem. All you have to do is park an unmarked car there and wait. Didn't anyone teach them the game? It's called Cat and Mouse.
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sun Jul 04, 2021 2:12 pm

In my experience a woman living by herself in the country is labeled one of two things...#1-a victim (by the jerks terrorizing her or in my case by the neighbour who broke into my house several times) or #2-"unstable" (by the police and probably by the social worker or in my case by the police and my family who begged me to move and then said I would cut my nose off to spite my face just to prove a point...and by the way yes I probably would).
They wonder why people take poop into their own hands. Shaking my head. I'm glad you guys are helping her.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:27 pm

The new “defund the police “ . So they can hire & send out social workers
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:42 pm

Why is there a negative in front of my 1 heart for @ross ? :lol:

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:42 pm

neg1.JPG
neg1.JPG (9.61 KiB) Viewed 2018 times

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Sun Jul 04, 2021 9:44 pm

:rubbingchin: that's strange...the negative disappeared...

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Sun Jul 04, 2021 10:48 pm

The firecrackers are going to start a fire. Maybe she should move the horses and put a bull in the field for a while. I feel for your neighbor. I live alone and have had a lot of crap happen here over the years - break ins, vehicle thefts, strangers snooping around the yard and buildings. I looked into getting motion lights and security cameras, but the way the yard is set up, the range for the sensors wouldn't reach the driveway. The last break-in the guy drove into the field behind my property, parked his car behind the grain bins, climbed over my page wire fence, then cut the lock off my steel building with bolt cutters. I reported it to the RCMP, and an officer came out, but they couldn't do anything about it because I had no film, or pictures, or license plate number. License plates were changed to only being on the back of a vehicle several years ago so the insurance company that issues them could save money. If you only see the front of the vehicle you won't get a license number. My dogs have successfully scared people away from the house several times with just their barking inside (you can hear them through the house), but that wouldn't help your neighbor. Could she put game cameras anywhere on her property that would catch them in the act? Then could they also be charged with trespassing, if nothing else?

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jul 05, 2021 6:08 am

We are trying that too but it's the size of property and putting in theright place.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”