Heads up!

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Heads up!

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jul 05, 2021 8:31 am

@ross sadly our OPP are very nasty indeed. We pay $3.5 million to cover 4000 houses. Good luck getting anyone to help you. The tiny area where this is happening was very vocal in trying to get rid of the non conforming gun range due to noise etc. OPP already have a range but now are/were in cahoots with the ex-military types who opened up behind our houses. Now they won't help anyone here and when they illegally shot there ignoring MInistry Orders made a point of slowing up so folks could see them and waved at them in derision. Not nice police at all - as we said in UK they are Pigs and Filth. BTW I have friends in the Police in other places.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:23 am

How about this? It has color night vision. Wyze Cam 3 Can also be purchased on Amazon. You can put a MicroSD card in it or upload to the cloud. It has a Mini Siren to warn away intruders with a loud sound. Control the siren from the Wyze app. Also 2 way talking.
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:41 am

If yu know where going onto your land & close to water hydrant a motion control water sprayer might “dampen “ a few spirits .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:42 am

Thanks!
Mutt chickens for eggs

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:44 am

@ross hydrant ?not here. would need to try and rig something else but it's a lot of land to cover.
Mutt chickens for eggs

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Jul 05, 2021 11:28 am

how about a trail camera we use in hunting surveillance? You can lock them and get wifi enabled, or cellphone enabled. All you would need is a tree or a fence post....i would suggest putting it way up out of reach without a ladder so it wouldn't get stolen.

"hi, 911 operator, i need the fire department....some one set of fireworks in my field and it's now on fire. i'm going out with the extinguisher i have, but i doubt it will keep the fire away from the 14 houses within 50 meters". see how long it takes for them to come.

but i really DO like the idea of a bull in that field. just have one show up one day....lol. and put up a sign with "unless you can cross this field in 9.5 seconds stay out. the bull can do it in 10" then it's every man for himself HAHA you signed it, you put up a warning and if they're still that idiotic.....well, they deserved it. and try setting off firework IN the field WITH a bull and they REALLY deserved it....

some people.
we had a few fireworks around various places, nothing close thankfully because the half blind half deaf horse really doesn't like them. but they were spread out across 3 days...and we aren't really dry here, but it's HOT. we will be dry in a day or so!
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon Jul 05, 2021 4:02 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Mon Jul 05, 2021 10:44 am
@ross hydrant ?not here. would need to try and rig something else but it's a lot of land to cover.
I was just thinking If there was a entrance path they used regularly. I do a lot of trap & target shooting here even in eves when yotes or raccoons are checking out my barn . Use motion sensors . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Around the Waterer”