Astra Zeneca

General discussion forum.
Shnookie
Free Ranging

Re: Astra Zeneca

Post by Shnookie » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:21 pm

Autopsy results are back. His heart attack was not caused by Astra Zeneca. He had 3 arteries that should have been bypassed, so they think that caused a fatal heart attack. They said there isn't always damage to the heart from a fatal heart attack. There is more damage if you survive the heart attack and the area that is blocked is deprived of blood.

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sat Jul 17, 2021 1:53 pm

A friend went for her first Astra Zeneca shot (two months ago) and came down with Aplastic Anemia. Apparently, it's very rare - two cases in a million. She's been very ill and has gone from being very healthy to having no immune system at all :(.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:00 pm

yes, agreed - there is a rare possibility of having severe side effects from Astra Zeneca, and I am sorry that your friend didn't win on the roll of the dice. :-( It's not rare, however, to contract Covid-19, be hospitalized with severe symptoms, or die. My first shot was Astra Zeneca, and I probably would have taken Astra Zeneca as my second shot if it were available. I can attest to the fact that the side effects of an mRNA vaccine as a second shot are no picnic in the park, but still, nothing compared to what could potentially happen if I were to contract Covid-19 with no immune defense. So, that's one of the reasons why it was worth it to me to take the chance.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:30 pm

The same side effects are found in vaccines that people take and don't give it a second thought such as MMR.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:41 am

I agree that it's good to get the Covid shot. We normally skip the flu shot but we had both Covid shots as soon as we were able. However, it's rather shocking to know someone who who was so horrendously affected by it.

Linda

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:14 am

I think the US head of the CDC said it best last week, this is now the pandemic of the unvaccinated. I believe the stats in the US is something like 99.9 of people who are in hospital or testing positive for Covid are unvaccinated. I've never so much as taking the flu vaccine. It was worth the risk, IMO.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:34 am

I've never taken a flu vaccine either @Kbr42 but didn't hesitate to get vaccinated. Hubby and I have both had two shots. He got Astrazeneca for his first shot and would have taken it again but its nowhere to be found so got Moderna. I have very close relatives who have refused to get vaccinated. I'm very sad and angry about it and not really sure what to do about it. So far I've avoided them and the topic but that won't last.

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:57 am

Happy wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 8:34 am
I've never taken a flu vaccine either @Kbr42 but didn't hesitate to get vaccinated. Hubby and I have both had two shots. He got Astrazeneca for his first shot and would have taken it again but its nowhere to be found so got Moderna. I have very close relatives who have refused to get vaccinated. I'm very sad and angry about it and not really sure what to do about it. So far I've avoided them and the topic but that won't last.
We have relatives that flatly refuse to get vaccinated. I'm not sure what you even do about that. Sigh!

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:53 am

I know some who refuse to get it and are relying on enough people getting the vaccine so there won’t be as much chance of them getting the virus. As others have mentioned, that’s a risky strategy with COVID-19 as now the vast majority of those getting seriously ill are not vaccinated.

Seems to me this is part of the UK’s strategy to increase herd immunity as it opens up everything tomorrow, having 50,000/day testing positive with COVID-19, despite almost 70% of those over 18 fully vaccinated. That still leaves those under 18 mostly unvaccinated and possibly infecting those who decided to forgo the vaccine or those who for whatever reason can’t get it.
Retired dairy shepherd and cheesemaker and former keeper of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd who keeps me fit and on my toes!

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Jul 18, 2021 7:27 pm

Brebis wrote:
Sun Jul 18, 2021 11:53 am
or those who for whatever reason can’t get it.
I am quoting that part here because it can be a delicate issue to "encourage" people to get vaccinated. There are those who can't get it for legit reasons ( I am being careful because of several nasty reactions to vaccines in the past and am still stuck with one of the side effects) . However - and this doesn't apply to my friends on here - I am sick of being told I'm a) uneducated, I used to work in vaccine research or b) an antivaxxer - I'm not and I have an unusual vaccine history to prove it. Until these folks have experieced anaphylaxis don't preach at me! Tread lightly with people, you don't know their history. I find it sad that this issue is being used to split society.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”