Astra Zeneca

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Astra Zeneca

Post by Killerbunny » Mon May 24, 2021 11:35 am

So anything on the J & J or novavax? Our preference would be a one shot deal!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon May 24, 2021 11:39 am

Nope, nothing. The J&J is in quarantine because it was made in the same plant as the messed up batches of moderna and they can't prove quality control or something. So i doubt we will see that one any time soon. Novavax is STILL in phase 3 clinical trial rolling approvals. apparently it also has a blood clotting side effect (which is about on par with the AZ numbers) so i honestly don't think we'll see it any time soon either. And the plant that was to be making novavax here in montreal is still being built??!! I also suspect that the one shot deals will be earmarked for at risk populations like homeless because they are 1 shot.....so the main population may not even be offered them.....at least that's the rumblings i have heard
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon May 24, 2021 12:22 pm

OK thanks. I guess we just have to wait & see.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon May 24, 2021 5:56 pm

So those who got the blood clotting one & survived will be the only ones who will have both shots here in Canada this summer cause of availability.
Hmm how ironic.?
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Mon May 24, 2021 6:40 pm

No, not even those who got the first dose, because they're only available in limited quantities and only in the pharmacy pilot areas. They say those who got their first dose between March 10-19 can call the pharmacy where they got their first dose to get their second shot "early" at 10 weeks. I called the pharmacy where I got my first dose in March and they don't have any AZ at the moment. Yet apparently there are thousands of doses somewhere about to expire at the end of the month.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Mon May 24, 2021 7:21 pm

Guess I should have said SHOULD .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Tue May 25, 2021 7:26 am

All the AZ was send to the higher risk areas. Kingston and Ottawa didn't get the doses set to expiry at the end of this month. There is another shipment of AZ, those will be distributed to all of the pharmacies that gave out the first dose. I spoke with my best friend, the pharmacist,. I'm sure he only shares information with so I will leave him alone.

J&J from what I read, will be a double dose as well.

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Tue May 25, 2021 10:06 am

I’m waiting to hear from my little local pharmacy here in Kingston about the second AZ shot, my sister has hers booked for this Thursday at a Shoppers Drug mart in Kingston. Seems to me they have about 55,000 doses expiring but 80,000 first shots were given during the pilot period, so not enough for all. Not too worried, there are more shipments coming over the next few weeks and they are all to be going to second doses and since I got the first shot early, I expect they’ll distribute them by date of the first shot.
Retired dairy shepherd and cheesemaker and former keeper of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd who keeps me fit and on my toes!

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Tue May 25, 2021 10:55 am

J&J should only be one shot.....it's adjuvented? It's pretty much identical to the AZ...
there are about 254000 doses to be spread across canada for the first AZ dose folks. i think 55000 were earmarked for ontario right now. And there will be more coming in the future to cover other people.....my pharmacy is making a list of those people that do want it and sending it to the health unit so they know how many doses they need and when. The efficacy is highest at 12 weeks, but 10 weeks was still very very good-better than most flu shots! so i wouldn't be worried about getting it at 10 weeks or 9 weeks instead of 12 honestly. And i'm sure there are people that won't want their second AZ and will go to other vaccines.

If one didn't get blood clots with the first dose, they shouldn't with the second. because it's something inside the body that is making it happen (it's an immune reaction to the particle-not the spike, but to the particle that delivers the DNA to the cell) that makes an antibody that can bind to platelets and cause clotting to happen. So if your body didn't do that with the first shot, it shouldn't to the second. so if someone was fine with the first shot, they should be fine with the second. I have other reasons for not wanting the pfizer or moderna....and i would rather be boosted with the same vaccine to really lock in the antibodies than play the mix and match clinical trial thing.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Tue May 25, 2021 12:19 pm

I saw on the news today that some people are getting Myocarditis (inflammation of the heart) after their second Covid shot. Here are some links to articles that I read about it. I read that some other vaccines have caused Myocarditis, and that the Covid virus itself can cause Myocarditis. They are still investigating.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2 ... 99073b7442

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/hea ... 241271001/

https://www.prevention.com/health/amp36 ... 9-vaccine/

Return to “Around the Waterer”