Oreka Solutions info rec'd for feed & black soldier fly

General discussion forum.
Epona
Starting to Crow

Re: Oreka Solutions info rec'd for feed & black soldier fly

Post by Epona » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:57 pm

Thanks Kim. I used your discount code and put an order in. Free shipping is always a bonus

JimW
Head Chicken
Answers: 2

Post by JimW » Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:36 pm

KimChick wrote:
Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:57 pm
JimW wrote:
Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:19 am
Interesting thanks for the info. I looked into Enterra in BC a couple years ago, as they produce a black soldier fly meal I wanted to use as an animal based protein source for my quail and other birds, but they were only selling in 500 pound totes , a bit more than I wanted.

That Gallus feed supplement might be exactly what I am looking for. I might have to contact them.

JimW
Gallus is not the Black Soldier Fly supplement; I think it is different kind of healthy feed. I could be wrong. James Alden had emailed me with a suggestion to let them know the age of the birds that will be given Gallus, if I was interested in that.
KimChick,

I emailed them James said the Gallus is derived from Black Soldier flies, I emailed back asking for more info on the product. I will let you know what I hear.

Jim
Keeping poultry with my 2 daughters since 2014.
Ayam cemani, BC Marans, Legbars (Gold Crele, Opal and White), Mosaics, Hmongs and Cuckoo Malines
Black & Blue Poultry
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1357630357612951/

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:42 am

Thanks Jim. Good to know. I may be interested in Gallus when I have chicks again. For now, in the winter months, I'm happy with Snackyard.
Also, during the mild 3 seasons, I'm happy with turning over boards and rocks for the hens that like live bugs and slugs. I'm not interested in raising or handling live ones! Shudder!!

Return to “Around the Waterer”