New Chicks

General discussion forum.
ThePluckyHen
Newly Hatched Chick

New Chicks

Post by ThePluckyHen » Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:10 pm

Hatched out a few chicks a while back, just saw posting about them is an obligation. one I am happy to fulfill. I have 4 right now, planning to get a few more in the spring. The duck is Tanwyn, and the largest chick (a mix of RIR and White Plymouth Rock) is Scarlet. They're my oldest, got them at about a week old back in June. Sanha is my little rooster - Belgian D'Uccle, and Aster is his sister. Been a rough few weeks with poor Aster as she has a pretty severe case of scissor beak. Its been handfeeding all day every day for the past week (she's two weeks old and stopped being able to pick up food alone around day six). Luckily with some tender care she's recognizing the syringe as a source of food and is starting to figure out mash from a pot though I'm still monitoring her weight carefully. I do have an Instagram for them @thepluckyhen so you can see more photos there if anyone is interested. Have a great evening folks.

- The Plucky Hen
Attachments
Aster and Sanha
Aster and Sanha
Tanwyn the Muscovy Duck
Tanwyn the Muscovy Duck
Scarlet the Rhode Island Red Mix
Scarlet the Rhode Island Red Mix

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: New Chicks

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:55 am

@ThePluckyHen thank you!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Re: New Chicks

Post by Happy » Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:14 am

Adorable ❤ There is a facebook group for support of special needs birds if you are interested. I can't recall the name right away but can get it for you. Pop me a PM if you'd like it.

Return to “Around the Waterer”