The Farrier and WineWantingWolf Show

General discussion forum.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

The Farrier and WineWantingWolf Show

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:49 am

OK, time to wax a little philosophical. I missed her a lot while she was gone. I am so glad she seems to be back. Not for her, I don't give a rats ass about her. For me. Its all about me.

I really did miss being able to twit her on a regular basis, and to get twitted back. And we now seem to be cluttering up other threads where it doesnt really belong. So I thought I would start this dedicated thread, where we can have at each other without setting other peoples teeth on edge. They will have to tune in this thread to edge their teeth if they want to. Others are certainly welcome to chime in if they wish, but the two stars of the show will be Colin and Jan.

So to start out: What you going to grow in your garden this year? I should have spring onions in the next few days, those Egyptian Walking onions. Did you get them established, the ones I sent you? What about the strawberry and raspberries? I could use some more dicon seeds if you have extra. Maybe a few really good flavour tomato seeds. I am going to plant some potatoes today. Fathers day is the target for new potatoes here, and like lots of stuff, sometimes I fail, but I keep on trying.

Do you grow squash? I have some really good seeds, Whangarei Blue that a friend in New Zealand sent me. Really nice flavour, meaty with smooth dry texture and good keeper, we ate the last one a few days ago, and only a soft spot about the size of dime. I could offer you a some seeds if you were interested.

There is lots more, and we will get to that over time, but something I so excited to tell you about! My wife Saint Catherine says I can have a girlfriend if I can find one that will put up with me. Instead of posting on kijiji, I thought I would offer you this amazing opportunity first! I shall send you the application form posthaste. I am sure there are some things you will have to learn on the job, but I believe in regular skill assessment and improvement seminars. If you are the successful candidate, I shall be kind and patient while you get up to speed.

I'm so glad your back. Don't never leave us again. Unless you get leprosy or corona. I will then send you a bell to tie about your waist, and you will have to say "UNCLEAN, UNCLEAN" as you wander about. Makes quite an impression at Sobeys.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: The Farrier and WineWantingWolf Show

Post by ross » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:57 am

All ears /eyes here ....& a few teeth 🤠
Attachments
912DA3B7-2BC6-4EE4-9559-BEAC51965A6C.jpeg
Last edited by ross on Sat Mar 14, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:11 am

:pop:

baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by baronrenfrew » Sat Mar 14, 2020 10:28 am

:pop: :farmer: :coffeeee:
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Mar 14, 2020 5:10 pm

OK COlin (@Farrier1987 I adopted some walking onions too and I'm butting in on this thread. They are a good inch up out of the ground and doing well!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:08 pm

I have Daikon Radish seeds, @Farrier1987 ... how many do you need?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Mar 14, 2020 6:31 pm

I would take a few daikons, but I was thinking that was a giant golden coloured beett. Either you or herself sent me some before. What are the daikons like to eat?
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level

Post by Jaye » Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:32 pm

They're big a__ long radishes. Big white radishes that look like the fat version of parsnips, but without the wrinkles. They taste nothing like parsnips, mind you.
They're yummy - but they are definitely not beets. Not sweet. Mildly spicy. They're great roasted with a little olive oil - or whatever oil you prefer - and a bit of salt and pepper.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Mar 16, 2020 3:58 pm

I have no idea what a dicon is, and I think I'd probably not want a boyfriend that was looking for any. Did you mean Mangel Wurzels? Giant beets? If you want your wurzle mangled, I could probably manage that :-D

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Mon Mar 16, 2020 5:37 pm

So mangled it, but that is what i was wanting, yes. GF is still up for grabs, get your application in soon, as well as the $29 postage and handling fee. Its just to cover costs.

Return to “Around the Waterer”