Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
chicken
Newly Hatched Chick

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by chicken » Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:55 pm

I find the most stressful is constantly hearing that covid is a glorified flu or its not real or we have no cases in our area .....oh and today I was told I'm "covid crazy" because I wore a mask while serving my customer. I asked her to keep her distance if she didn't want to put her mask on and her reaction was how I'm crazy & that no one would know. I'm following guidelines that allow me to earn a living and I've been forced to close twice due to lock down. Constantly hearing that covid isn't real or how I'm over reacting by doing what is required to stay open for business is draining. I don't want to get sick and I do believe people are dying and I don't want to catch it. For me putting a mask on and keeping my distance is a no brainer and a easy thing to do. My two cents anyways.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Tue Feb 23, 2021 7:52 pm

chicken wrote:
Tue Feb 23, 2021 2:55 pm
I find the most stressful is constantly hearing that covid is a glorified flu or its not real or we have no cases in our area .....oh and today I was told I'm "covid crazy" because I wore a mask while serving my customer. I asked her to keep her distance if she didn't want to put her mask on and her reaction was how I'm crazy & that no one would know. I'm following guidelines that allow me to earn a living and I've been forced to close twice due to lock down. Constantly hearing that covid isn't real or how I'm over reacting by doing what is required to stay open for business is draining. I don't want to get sick and I do believe people are dying and I don't want to catch it. For me putting a mask on and keeping my distance is a no brainer and a easy thing to do. My two cents anyways.
I couldn't agree more. When I remind customers to follow guidelines and they say "I'm not worried about the virus" I want to forget social distancing for a second and slug them. It would be worth it.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:58 am

I started this thread Year ago tomorrow, who would have thunk how things were going to develop.
I wonder @poultry_admin if it may be time to mark the anniversary by closing it?

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:26 am

Yay that @Ontario Chick . I can't watch news etc. ATM because of the media frenzy. Enough!!!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”