Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by ross » Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:53 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 4:31 pm
@ross that gave me a big smile. Very cute!
A smile KB at these dreary times was what I was hoping for .
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:02 pm

Farrier1987 wrote:
Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:37 am
Some guy wants hatching eggs. Asked if I had wiped the eggs with lysol. I said you take them the way they are, and if you wipe them with lysol, the fertility/hatching rate might be way down

Yeahhhhh....don't put Lysol on hatching eggs. Or hand sanitizer. Just....don't. Anybody that wants to sanitize their fertile eggs for some strange reason, use a peroxide or bleach dilution, NEVER anything that leaves residue.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:23 pm

so i just left 1000 mealworms in a sanitized plastic bag in my mailbox for someone to pick up. lol. social distancing at its best. lol
had to hit the feed store....our guys are super there. now i can stay home again until the feed runs out again....
i have always been quite asocial....so not much change here. but thè general public is scaring me. a lot. the idiocy the panic buying....the head in the sand particularly by one leader south of canada....as individuals we could do this...but as a mass population i am not so sure-i am certainly not witnessing it when i see videos of anti-covid parties etc. sigh.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Mon Mar 23, 2020 6:49 pm

I hear you @WLLady . We rarely go out just sometimes to do basic groceries. Usually takes one trip. This time it took 4 trips to town to get basics on truck delivery days because of the panic buying! AT least our Food Basics is now limiting numbers of products that one person can buy.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:33 am

Unfreaking believable stupidity and it seems to be spreading unchecked. The world is overloaded with bozos that talk to other bozos who believe the other bozos and disseminate their bbozoisms, and it proliferates. I want to social distance for the rest of my life.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/23/health/a ... index.html
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:55 am

I just hope they didn't breed!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Tue Mar 24, 2020 10:43 am

Well, it begins....the prez in the usa says that chloroquine treatment is the answer and 2 people take fishtank cleaner (contains chloroquine phosphate-and incredibly toxic form of chloroquine) to try to protect themselves from the virus. one of them is dead. the other is in intensive care. un-freaking-believable. just shows that every comment can be taken literally. ah, i see that farrier posted the link up there.....

i woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.....sigh. i would really love to see the plan for moving forward on so many fronts-the schools, the university, the college, the country....gah. i have also come to the stark realization that with my back surgery and all that, that i am no longer the person that can step up to the plate to help out. they are looking for people to help at the hospital, and i know what i'm doing, i know how to protect myself, but i cannot be on my feet for a 12 hour shift doing anything. sigh. i think that's going to be my struggle through all this. after the idiotic statements south of the border i really do applaud our PM for standing up and stating "go home and stay home! enough is enough!" i'm very glad to see him angry....and i sure hope we are miles better than south of the border leadership is being!

it's like in the lord of the rings....waiting for the deep plunge....on the edge...."and so it begins". people think what they're doing right now is hard? wow....pull up your socks everyone...it's going to get worse before it gets better!!!!

and yes, these people ARE breeding.....it just plain scares me.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:28 pm

We are tightening the precautions here, happy we can live out of the freezer for weeks and do not need to join the people who simply must go shopping.
Egg customers pick up eggs from a table at the end of the driveway and pay by e-transfer.
We are no longer accepting re-cycled egg cartons.
Ottawa seems to be one of the hot spots, so too much caution may not be quite enough, but we are going with the "do no harm" sentiment,
hoping to balance the morons who don't get it.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:26 pm

I am more than frustrated with those "morons who dont get it" as OC so accurately calls them. I'm embarrassed to say that some of my own family falls into that category. I admit I went to town yesterday to find a few simple items...yeast and flour being among them. Nothing. Not a thing. My area has been hit by people fleeing Toronto/GTA and moving into their cottages for the safety of a smaller town. The Grocery stores were already struggling but this added influx of people has put additional strains on the food supply. I never dreamed I would see this in my lifetime. The local FoodLand has a 2 unit maximum per item...that goes for everything in store. Max 2 bunches of bananas, two cans of cat food, 2 loaves of bread... They've also installed huge plexi sheets on either side of their cash checkouts. I dont know if that's helpful or not but I give them a lot of credit for attempting to protect their staff. Hubby is still trying to finish a few jobs. He is an electrical contractor. His current sites are all new or "flipping" homes. So all of the contractors have been coordinating to take turns so that they are alone in the building for a set time. Hubby is armed with gloves, lysol spray and wipes, hand sanitizer, soap and paper towel. It's the best measured risk we could settle on. I'm not thrilled with it but the bills keep coming and neither of us can work from home.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Mar 24, 2020 6:08 pm

FYI
Attachments
9225B406-A4E7-4359-A892-A386662D533E.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Around the Waterer”