Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by Jaye » Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:09 pm

Here's yet another good reason for keeping the Canada/US border closed.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5007903
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Fri Jul 03, 2020 3:21 pm

Jaye wrote:
Fri Jul 03, 2020 12:09 pm
Here's yet another good reason for keeping the Canada/US border closed.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavir ... -1.5007903
Wow, no kidding.
Those young folk must be bored out of their trees to go to that extent. And they probably have an invincibility complex along with "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger" mentality.

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:00 pm

Ok 52,000 new cases ttoday, should be reason enough to keep the border closed....just sayin :)

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:05 am

I was filling up my gas tank last week and a car pulled into the spot in front of mine. I quickly noticed Colorado license plates and immediately thought "what are you doing here?" I wasn't the only one. The young man that got out to pump gas had many eyes on him. Especially since he had a face shield and long plastic gloves on. I sort of wondered if he was ensuring that everyone knew he was taking precautions.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Jul 04, 2020 9:39 am

Makes you wonder how difficult it is, when you are traveling on legitimate business, not to encounter vigilante attitude .
I was driving a rental car in BC last year with Alberta license plate and did have a bit of a pause on how exactly they feel about each other and if I may encounter problems, being completely innocent Ontarian, although........ ;)

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:35 am

Vehicles have been keyed in BC for having Alberta licence plates and there have been some pretty unpleasant encounters. I don't think it's fair to single out youngsters either, many older don't follow. I don't think the info is there either way to judge.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sat Jul 04, 2020 10:42 am

Toronto cottager's vehicles were vandalized in Port Carling because locals didn't want them there. You don't have to be from another province or country right now. For me it has more to do with respecting my space and taking precautions. If I see some idiot in a store touching everything and disrespecting others then I dont care where you're from. Things may come to a bad outcome in Wasaga Beach if it doesn't calm down there. I live 10 minutes outside of Wasaga. I shop there in the off-season but don't go near it during summer months ever. Theres some very strong emotions after Canada Day.

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Sat Jul 04, 2020 11:41 am

It’s getting busier here in Prince Edward County too, more traffic and many tourists from all over, especially Quebec now that short term rentals are allowed again. I try and shop at off times, but am amazed at how many have a lax attitude when shopping. I always wear a mask and try to social distance.

My landlady works at the local LCBO and is quite worried. When working the cash she wears a mask, face shield and barrier and can distance but when she’s working the store she just has a mask and is often confronted with grumpy customers who have had to wait a while in a lineup to get in and are in a hurry to get out so not distancing.

Plus, restaurants and stores here are trying to make up for lost revenue and are stretching the limits. I know a young woman who works as a hostess at an nice restaurant with a daily capacity of 150 with Covid restrictions but she said they are allowing as many as 300 and she often has the unfortunate task of telling walk ins they’re full then having the manager let them in anyway. Being young she’s afraid of losing the job if she rocks the boat, which I’m sure many of the owners know and use as a way of keeping dissention to a minimum. Most here are contentious and treat their staff and customers well but as we’ve seen from Kingston it only takes a few bad apples to mess things up!
Former dairy shepherd and owner of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd pup.

Brebis
Chatty Hen

Post by Brebis » Sat Jul 04, 2020 12:55 pm

Oh, and if anyone is thinking of going to Sandbanks, there’s a VERY long tailback on the road to get in! :gaah:
Former dairy shepherd and owner of a menagerie of chickens and Pencilled Turkeys, now owned by three cats and a border collie x Australian shepherd pup.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sat Jul 04, 2020 5:00 pm

This virus is unfortunately bringing out people's true colours. in many cases it is depressing, saddening, infuriating, and did i mention depressing? There are a select few that would do ANYTHING to help someone else. And there seem to be the madded masses that are hell bent on destroying everything for everyone because it's all "me me me me me me". True colours.
Unfortunately.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Return to “Around the Waterer”