Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:07 pm

I hope you're right @WLLady but I do note that IB gammacoronavirus has an impact on the reproductive system, might not be a bad thing in humans?
:hide:
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:24 pm

Greek to me but thanks I think anyway Kathy .😂🤠👍
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:29 pm

WLLady, I am very happy to have access to "just your thoughts" because my mind has been zooming ahead to various possibilities and none of them are very pretty. I don't like losing sleep over maybes and mightbes :sFun_mornincoffee: They might be "just thoughts" but they are a lot more educated and informed than my own! Yesterday, I briefly convinced myself that this could very well be an extinction level event for human kind, albeit a slow one. Then the few scraps of sanity left to me kicked in and I figured if I went spouting my nonsense in public, someone more knowledgeable than I would step in with a voice of reason. Thank you :grouphug: . I know there are no guarantees either way; we are in uncharted territory. But I feel better :dance:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Thu Apr 09, 2020 3:44 pm

The Alien experiment of humans on earth is crumbling. KB your thought about less born as you say could be .. I’ll leave it at that .
Attachments
E804BE2A-7A7F-4337-A841-48DC4D64895A.jpeg
E804BE2A-7A7F-4337-A841-48DC4D64895A.jpeg (32.86 KiB) Viewed 2016 times

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Apr 09, 2020 6:53 pm

There is one positive thoughts, we can probably stop worrying about alien invasion, any intelligent life would take one look at the mess we have created and get the heck out of our solar system. ;)

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:17 am

I'm no expert on this corona virus, but I gotta say, I'm going out once a weekish for food and supplies. I'm the only one in the house doing so. Our neighbors told us they were having people over for Easter dinner and did we mind :dunno: Honestly, we weren't going to call Doug Ford.

We of course are cooking a turkey dinner, with all the fixings, package it up to take to my Mother-in-law to leave on her doorstep. Staying our 6 feet away and leaving.

Everytime I go out, I think 6x about it. I wonder what it's going to be like once this is over. We'll we ever look at each other the same. Or will masks and 6 feet apart become the social norms.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:31 am

All it takes is one neighbour to do that & have a wreck bingo all your good work is up in smoke .
Personally here not criticizing you I would call the reg police phone number not 911 & report letting authorities handle it . Other than you no one knows . PS if they do have there get together
with no care for others I would defriend it could be your life or loved ones down the road . . Be safe 🤠👍

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:40 am

ross wrote:
Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:31 am
All it takes is one neighbour to do that & have a wreck bingo all your good work is up in smoke .
Personally here not criticizing you I would call the reg police phone number not 911 & report letting authorities handle it . Other than you no one knows . PS if they do have there get together
with no care for others I would defriend it could be your life or loved ones down the road . . Be safe 🤠👍
I agree with you Ross. Maybe they will reconsider. We told them how we were handling Easter with Mom.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Fri Apr 10, 2020 9:46 am

Up to you as I told a “Snowflake” the other day , normally not my business but with this Virus & lockdown we are in it is . Listen to the news they are now discussing basically “ Marshall law “ takeing control away from all provinces & individuals & giving to Federal gov . Army rule .

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:17 am

I think that scares me waaay more than a virus @ross. I think of one of our neighbors who is a total a***hole. ANything to complain about and to try to get other people to complain about. We've had threats from this guy and his wife, who knows what will happen with a snitch line. I like @Kbr42 s idea of explaining how you are handling it, after all you have to live there when/if this is done. Personally I think the situation in Retirement and long care homes made it way worse. We know one resident who is always saying how great their balance sheet looks (si***a living in Perth ) but the workers say that when it changed companies they began to nickel & dime the residents and workers but the facade was still there, all they cared about is the bottom line. He pays >$6000 per month for this. Frankly it's about time we clamped down on some of these especially Provincial ones and if it takes more taxes to keep and at risk, vulnerable population and their staff safe then so be it. They paid their dues over the years and Staff are paying their dues in spades at this point.
OK Rant over!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”