Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Dec 18, 2020 7:02 am

KimChick wrote:
Thu Dec 17, 2020 11:20 am
Yup, it's a human experiment on multiple levels.
As long as they are humane experiments I dont mind.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Kbr42
Head Chicken

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:49 am

So my problem with all the on-air shots...look at the people actually giving the shots - Yikes! Hands shaking to jabbing to the bone. Not one of those people are giving me a shot until they figure out how to do with killing the person getting the shot...Just sayin

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Dec 20, 2020 9:39 am

Bare hands too. I know they sanitise between but since that doesn't work worth a s**t unless it's over gloves....
Vian says they need Olga the russian nurse with the blunt needle. When we were at school the needle didn't get changed between pupils very often and it paid to be early in the alphabet.
Any the shot is to be administered intramuscular to the deltoid muscle, doesn't say whether anterior or posterior. That is based on the UK info sheet. You do need to jab a little though.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sun Dec 20, 2020 11:26 am

I would think a little stage fright with the cameras & all the media etc around would cause the shaking hand for a sec KB . Again no one has to have the vaccine if willing to put up with restrictions one being Covid . JMO
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Sun Dec 20, 2020 12:53 pm

I'm just tired of hearing and seeing stories about it. They are promoting the vaccinations, but I haven't heard them say how long it takes to be immune. Do you think there will be people who get the shot and then stop taking precautions right away because they think they are immune? There was a woman on the news a few days ago from Alberta who said she wasn't worried about getting the virus because it was a hoax. I heard a news report a While ago that said they have found out that there were some cases in Italy last September, and I saw a different one that said there were cases in the north west US last December. I think they will have a hard time investigating the actual source in China, especially since it's been a year or more since it started.

I have been staying home most of the time and haven't visited anyone since about May when we had a lot less cases. I go to the city once a week to shop, wearing a mask and using hand sanitizer. I had considered getting a flu shot this year, but decided not to since I am not around any humans. Thank goodness for TV and pets. At least I have some company. Seed catalogues are starting to come too. I'm looking forward to spring.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:30 pm

Again it’s been said by the scientists/ medicals that once we hit 75 % of people vaccinated then herd immunity will cut in & like other things we have vaccinated for it will stabilize but not completely go away . Personally I have not heard of a better idea from qualified folks so I’m going with it when my turn comes up . Be safe all

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:58 am

So the new strain out of Britain is more transmissible they say. Also say it should make no difference in the vaccine's ability to block it in the body. It is not a more vicious sickness that it delivers, just transmits more easily. The strain is responsible for over half the infections in SE Britain. They are stopping flights and some truck traffic from and to the continent.

So the point of me posting today is that it is out there in the wild and its coming our way, and I don't think we can stop it. I am sort of doom and gloom on this, not for me personally, that will or wont happen as it will, but for the world in general. Our world economy and global village are in trouble. Not sure what things will look like in a year or two or five, but I do not see us getting past the effects of this disease anytime soon. And maybe new strains that don't respond to the vaccine, or jump to chickens or pigs or poultry barns. Not just the economy, but food supply is in great danger.

In short, I think the world is in bad trouble, and I don't think we have figured out a good way forward yet. Between this and climate change, I think we are looking at a major die off. I hope I am wrong, but that's the way my crystal ball is looking.

Anyone else have opinions for or against what I am saying? I would like to hear.

(Signed) The ever optimistic farrier.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Mon Dec 21, 2020 9:35 am

When the roll is called up yonder .As the world cries ...
Attachments
1DA8AD78-90C9-436A-BAFB-D7185F518CD5.jpeg
1DA8AD78-90C9-436A-BAFB-D7185F518CD5.jpeg (31.55 KiB) Viewed 1929 times

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Mon Dec 21, 2020 10:45 am

hi everyone

so that new strain is also in canada, and most of the other countries in the world. we, so far, have only identified a couple of cases in canada. the UK says it is the predominant strain circulating which just means that it has some advantage that all the other strains don't have - and if it transmits more easily, that would be the advantage to that strain. It does NOT mean it's more deadly. but it means it could infect more people in a given period of time. i really wish the world wouldn't freak out about the strain, there are many many strains out there, some will die out some wont. the vaccine will hopefully still work on it, and hopefully enough people will stop transmitting this thing (aka, stay away from other people) and the vaccine in combo with social distancing, hand washing, etc etc will slow it down or even stop it. it's actually VERY simple....if people would stop moving the virus around, the virus would die out.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:06 am

AMEN ... Kathy thanks

Return to “Around the Waterer”