Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by ross » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 pm

In my day the 2 different attitudes was called a “ Generation Gap “
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:56 am

Happy wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:56 pm
a 20 something year old daughter told her mother that she wasn't about to put her life on hold.
I remember being 20 something and bulletproof. Not like this one, but most of us can look back and wonder how we are still alive (and think of the ones that weren't as lucky, like driving impaired and not getting killed or killing someone else). When this one finally settles itself, there will be lots like this that had close calls or didnt make it.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:06 am

ross wrote:
Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:58 pm
In my day the 2 different attitudes was called a “ Generation Gap “
In my case possibly a 2generations gap ;)
I also remember being bulletproof, and some of the things we have done, I would never admit to my children and probably wrung their neck if I caught them doing it, which I hope contributed to their survival to adulthood. :)
One positive thing, apparently 2 weeks ago 3 out of 10 people believed there was a problem and acted accordingly and now it 9 out of 10.
So now if we can only stop have and armed conflict with US, we should be in "round" shape.

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Fri Mar 27, 2020 9:19 am

It's too bad that the US didn't arm the border before all the Spring Breakers left!!!!

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:29 am

Soon the gov may be glad they haven’t taken away our firearms yet .Militia men .

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Mar 27, 2020 10:33 am

We are well stocked up in many ways @ross
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:03 am

10-4 KB

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Fri Mar 27, 2020 11:07 am

So being a scientist i like to think i know something about biology, while at the same time i realize i know absolutely nothing about biology! I am on the essential list for my lab because we have tissue samples that are just NOT replaceable should something happen. We have equipment that needs maintaining, and cannot be replaced if something happens. So. I had to go in yesterday (thankfully it's only once a week or so unless an alarm goes off). What I saw was both good and bad.....the 401 was mostly truckers. and camper trailers. the 401 was civilized for the first time i've seen it in decades. literally. people using their blinkers, giving truckers space before moving over, letting them in off the on ramps. Positively wonderful! Then i got to london. There were TEAMS of people playing soccer in one of the soccer fields. social distancing??! HA! The dog park was FULL of people, and the owners standing in groups. 6 foot separation? Not a hope. I can see people living together being in a group because well, they LIVE together too....but...there were people leaping out of cars and hugging each other! My work parking lot was littered with used gloves and masks! WTH?!! Thankfully I saw virtually NO ONE closer than 20 meters from me, and I know how to use my elbow to open a door! but still. I did what i needed to do and came home. The most disturbing though was a group of 6 or 7 waiting at a bus stop, with one of them coughing and spitting on the sidewalk. And driving home, the provincial parks are closed, so people are parking on the side of the road, and I darned near took one out opening her car door right in front of me on the highway.....and looking into the park the paths were shoulder to shoulder people. WTH?!! just clueless. I couldn't help it, I got home and threw all my clothes in the wash and had the longest hottest shower I could stand.....I'm so glad i live in the country. I can't imagine what the health care workers are going through. I'm thankful for them that they are there, in these conditions....but i sure hope someone hurries up with a vaccine....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Fri Mar 27, 2020 1:04 pm

As said , can’t legislate stupidity, but hope this virus will .

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Mar 27, 2020 2:00 pm

The other thing that is a concern and not sure if it is just a Rural thing. "Let's drop the kiddies off to the Grands for a while" or near us "let's have the Grands stay with us and the kids". You are putting an at risk group together with a bunch of pestilence spreaders. JMO.
I have a honking big BIOSECURE AREA sign on our gates to keep the little monsters away when they are out for their walks on our normally uninhabited dead end..
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”