Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by ross » Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:02 pm

Well said TomK
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Oct 20, 2020 7:10 am

OK so I'm going to disagree with you @TomK! Anxiety is a very real thing and not very pleasant. YES the media is reporting very poorly those "grim milestones" and personally I feel Public Health is doing a piss poor job of conveying messages. They all need to get on the same page. I feel very sorry for our younger generation who are being turned via the media into scared little bunnies - not their fault. We are very privileged on PTO, many of us have found very litle change in our lives BUT we are rural folks for the most part. We aren't living in an apartment coping with a minimum wage service job which we my not have anymore. Some PTOers know what it's like to be on the frontlines too, I have no idea how hard that must be and kudos to them.
No it's not e.g. wartime hardship but for many it can push them over the top.
This started out as "it's only a 2 week lock down" in March and then it goes on and on. The latest I saw was if we don't gather at Thanksgiving we can have Xmas together, now it's "Oh, maybe not". SOme people don't have families and are now having to cope totally alone. I can't imagine the horror of dying alone in a hospital because your family can't visit.
OK rant over - I still loves yer all!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:29 am

Gill..i hear what you say...and yes, there is anxiety in a few in our population...and my sympathy goes to those that suffer through this very real malady but its become this fall back moan from far too many and it is tiresome so I am tuning out..the media has turned us into wimps..yes, most of PTO lives rurally and we have a somewhat different way of dealing with things. But, that's exactly my point...we deal, not lament..and with that, i will see you tomorrow..looking forward to seeing you again..my chickens grew out fabulously...free ranging the whole time and fed 2-3 meals per day...gonna miss them..kinda nice watching the activity on the property...know anyone who wants a really nice BCM roo?..April hatch.I have 2
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:21 am

Post him!
Clarissa is waiting for you in the freezer! See you tomorrow, physically distanced of course.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:04 pm

HaHa Physical distancing. I sold so many silkie chicks this year, always tried to physical distance but soon found we would be standing side by side looking at the babies. I would realize my error and move away. Some had masks some did not, but all wanted to talk chicken, but we did try to social distance.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:22 am

I really feel for people with school age children and dread the years we will be dealing with adults educated solely on line, but the people whose sole purpose in life was going to pubs and partying, and without that their life is over, hard to feel much sympathy.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:48 pm

Ontario Chick wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:22 am
the people whose sole purpose in life was going to pubs and partying, and without that their life is over, hard to feel much sympathy.
Now dont be mean. A life is a life.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Wed Oct 21, 2020 2:47 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:21 am
Post him!
Clarissa is waiting for you in the freezer! See you tomorrow, physically distanced of course.
Done...in the for sale section :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Oct 21, 2020 3:31 pm

Farrier1987 wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 12:48 pm
Ontario Chick wrote:
Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:22 am
the people whose sole purpose in life was going to pubs and partying, and without that their life is over, hard to feel much sympathy.
Now dont be mean. A life is a life.
I think it's "life is what you make it" ;)

KimChick
Head Chicken

Re: Just for a chuckle...

Post by KimChick » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:48 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Wed Nov 04, 2020 6:51 am
Yup that's about it.
Someone we know has a relative in Washington State who said that when Trump is re-elected the COVID cases will all disappear because it was a hoax! Seriously!
Up here, the news media is really stoking the fear of covid flames. Last night DH was doing some arithmetic with the %age of people who die every year vs the %age of people who have died due to covid. The number of deaths due to covid is staggeringly low compared to the number of deaths due to other causes. Don't get me wrong; it is sad when anyone dies, but this covid fear is way out of proportion.

Return to “Around the Waterer”