Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

General discussion forum.
LongCrow
On the Roost
Answers: 2

Re: Coronavirus - how much do you worry ?

Post by LongCrow » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:12 am

Funny how the government had no funds to improve the total healthcare system for many years. Shortages everywhere. Now that most people are unemployed and the tax money has dried up there is an endless supply of money for them to fund lost wages. Still not really much for the health-care system.
Keep people working, social distance best you can, sanitize, wash your hands and spend that money on doctors, test kits, hospitals etc.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:20 am

Signing out of this one, it has stopped being constructive.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:45 am

Longcrow, please stop. Not to say you are right or wrong, but its upsetting to me. Just please stop. What about your chickens? What about your goats? Tell us a joke. Thats why we come here mostly. Please dont spoil it.

Thanks and Take care.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

windwalkingwolf
Poultry Guru - pullet level
Answers: 3

Post by windwalkingwolf » Sun Apr 12, 2020 1:53 pm

Nobody released this virus. Not a government, not a private agency, not a warped individual. SARS 2.0 is NOT an engineered virus. It is simply that there are too many ants in this ant farm, and when you cram a bunch of living things into a petri dish, weird things happen and some ants die. Mother Nature is giving the ant farm a good shake, that's all. It's happened countless times before and it will happen again. Rights are being chipped away at because, like others have said, any one of us could be running around killing people (however accidentally) and not know it, and some people are continuing to do just that.

LongCrow
On the Roost

Post by LongCrow » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:34 pm

I didn't know all opinions had to be of the same mind on this forum.

We are in uncharted waters and maybe history will prove that much of what we are being told today is untrue. To stand there and say this is the only path society could have taken is just untrue. There were other options but never discussed...... Maybe society will collapse from this strategy, no one knows. People may starve or freeze to death all over the globe a year or two from now.

"Farrier" a good discussion requires more than one opinion. I never intentionally called anyone out or said anything offensive.

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Post by poultry_admin » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:52 pm

LongCrow wrote:
Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:34 pm
I didn't know all opinions had to be of the same mind on this forum.

"Farrier" a good discussion requires more than one opinion. I never intentionally called anyone out or said anything offensive.
And that is EXACTLY why we haven't locked this discussion.
I personally don't agree with every opinion posted here, but I am confident in our collective smarts to put together a good balanced view of the situation. While everyone has their own.
Censorship is not the appropriate way.
Public discussion is. The more and civil the better!
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:14 am

Looks like Russia is in trouble. I know from working the mindset is to deny deny until you cant any more, then find a scapegoat to blame. There are cities in the east that are 50 or 60% sick.

And some BC politician said that it was ok for the bunch in the nursing home to die, they were going to die soon anyway. I paraphrase, but how is this the attitude of some. I do see where he is coming from, but I disagree. That might be the triage decision that need to be made in some stricken Russian town but not here, not yet. Its why we have the isolation rules in place, and we need to respect them.

5 sick
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:06 am

Part of the high death rate is also because some folks in the homes have DNR orders and I do hope that is respected.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Tue Apr 14, 2020 10:53 am

I am glad that DH and I are of the same mind when it comes to something like jumping on the bandwagon. If 80% of the population are going one way, we are part of the 20% who go the other. Plus, we are happy where we are; we are not travellers.
And it will be no surprise if the world ends up in another Depression; however, I sincerely hope it does not.
Our son works at a hospital out West and last week, they were preparing for the first big wave.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:04 am

Best of luck to your son!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”