General discussion forum.
Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Farrier1987 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:00 pm

Killerbunny wrote:
Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:30 am
Hi @Farrier1987 DH says it's a good thing there is global warming because now they can't just set you adrift on an icefloe.
Not everyone agrees, but I honestly believe there can be times when the iceflow is the right thing to do.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:15 pm

Agree Farrier, long as a hole in ice so I can fish .👍🦧
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

kenya
Henny Penny
Answers: 1

Post by kenya » Sun Jan 10, 2021 4:44 pm

@Farrier1987 Hope you heal up quick, it's hard having to sit back but listen to Herself. She knows best!

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:30 pm

More adventures with Amazon delivery, just got an e-mail that refund for my returned pitcher is on the way. Had to double check that the pitches is still sitting on the shelf, yes it is, not sure why Amazon feels I have a refund coming, I am pretty happy with it :dunno:
[/quote]

I have a funny amazon story. Was waiting on powdered milk. I like to use it in the breadmaker. That was back when you could NOT find it on ANY grocery shelf, physically or online. Amazon to the rescue.

Got a picture, that it was delivered. I phoned them and said that was NOT my house or door in the photo. They said they would get a hold of the amazon driver. Meanwhile, I suspected that it went to MY address down in Dundas. (they do NOT adhere to postal codes). We had a pizza delivered to 253 hwy 8 once to Stoney Creek (# 8 is a long long hwy)... having ordered it from a Dundas Pizza store, 15 minutes away. When I phoned an hour later, asking where the pizza was, they said they delivered it, and Stoney Creek was too far and they would never deliver pizza to me again. As if Stoney Creek doesn't have pizza places, GAWD.

Anyhow, it was raining, and I whipped down to Dundas (7 minutes), walked up right off the street to the front door, where my package was sitting. Grabbed it and went home. The driver phoned me saying that the package he left (sitting 8 feet from the road, completely visible), wasn't there. Amazon phoned me a bit later, and told me I would be getting a refund, LOL. I probably used $7 worth of gas for my refund. Idiots.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Jan 12, 2021 10:46 am

Good morning,
Getting a bit challenged finding new places to take puppy for a walk, 3 walks a day are making it hard not to be bored silly and finding new experiences for her, and respecting the lockdown at the same time.
So took a bit of a drive to the beach, nobody in the parking lot took a walk on the beach, could feel my brain being cleansed by the open space :)
At one point as we turned and Addy lifted her nose from the ground she saw the Gatineau hills for the first time, the sight must have really surprised her because she actually sat down. Have to wonder what goes on in that little brain of the pup.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:02 am

Good morning,
Is it a bad sign when I am answering my own posts ? ;)
Got my groceries done before 9 am this morning, feel very accomplished.
My charger ordered on Saturday, shipped on Monday with a warning it might take few days, arrived Tuesday morning!!!
with the laptop charged I feel like a whole functioning human again, pitiful really :type:

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:06 pm

I guess grocery shopping was the highlight of your week! It has been for us during this lockdown, and now we have a super-dooper lockdown. Not that anything will change for us. What a boring life!

Linda

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Thu Jan 14, 2021 3:13 pm

:))
Yes we keep saying how lucky we had no social life to begin with, nothing to miss.
Not even confused by what the latest adventure is called, lockdown or shelter in place or whatever, as long as you understand that every time you stick your nose out of the house you are taking a risk ....it all comes down to the same thing
Last edited by Ontario Chick on Thu Jan 14, 2021 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:40 pm

well, stay at home orders and i have to work, and i swear there were twice as many people on the roads today than yesterday or the last week. And they all had lost their minds and were driving like insane people. I nearly got hit twice, and had someone run straight through a red light -i saw them coming and stopped because they sure weren't! argh!

molly (my mare) seems to be coming around really well. she was playing with sally today-sniff and toss her head up and back up a step and then sniff again, toss her head up and snort, repeat....sally was also playing with her, so that's really good. And the guineas are a constant source of entertainment for her, she snakes her head down at them and herds them around. And the last 2 nights that i've gone to check on her before bed (10pm-dark), i take out the flashlight and just shine around to find her, and there were 7 deer IN the field with her. and i don't mean over there and molly is over here, i mean shoulder to shoulder with her in the hay. just standing there.....of course peering at me....lol. so. lots of things going on. she's eating well, drinking well, not always sleeping, talking to me, coming over to be sociable and then when she's had enough she's off to the hay or to just watch the world go by....so i think she's going to be okay.

we are slowly adjusting to one horse too. we moved some things around in the barn, like all the feed bins and the ties and stuff, so it looks different in there. that helped a lot. i still miss hearing clomp clomp clomp in the field - ted was ultra heavy footed.....
the hay sure lasts longer now.....no danger in running out this year.

it's so warm here. 5C today. molly is shedding like crazy, and so is the dog (sally). the cats never stopped shedding so i don't count them. Everything is so muddy we quit cutting firewood because we were turning the woods and the logging road into a quagmire.

Don't forget the photo contest! Entries due soon i think.
even let the chickens out to roam today, and the ducks and the turkeys. the guineas are stuck in the rafters in the barn....not sure why. maybe molly is chasing them too much (go molly!). looking forward to the weekend again. seems to have been a long week, likely because i had 4 hours of ethics training today. necessary, and actually a well written course, but LONG. anyways, passed....so that's good.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

SusanH
Starting to Crow

Post by SusanH » Thu Jan 14, 2021 4:55 pm

Hi all. I know, it’s been ages since I posted. Hope all are well and 2021 is off to a good start for you.
I have a problem I know I have seen someone else describe. Please direct me to the right place. One of my beloved Wyandottes is now losing her balance, eating very slowly, losing weight. She stands with her head pulled in and her wings down. She toddles around but sometimes falls over and doesn’t get up.
I have a terrible feeling this is not curable. What is it?

Return to “Around the Waterer”