Post by ross » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:59 pm

Thanks for your dedication Kenya 👍❤️
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Kbr42 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:01 pm

They have been swamped with orders. You can't get anything at the moment. My partner works at a greenhouse. They aren't able to get anything from growers. Most greenhouses got their orders and haven't been able to get any additional. Usually, the greenhouses can call growers to get to top up. Not this year. The seed company have also had lots of people ordering. I'm sure Vessey will deliver. It just maybe late.
Last year, growers couldn't give there stuff away. This year totally opposite.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Thu Jun 03, 2021 5:44 pm

I ordered from William Dam in Februaury and they were already sold out of some things. Got my order in right after the Easter weekend. I'm ordering some flower seeds from Veseys NOW so I have them to start in Jan/Feb next year.
I started Geraniums and lobelia this year. Lobelia is starting to bud now but geraniums will be another month before I see a bloom. Live and learn...

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Thu Jun 03, 2021 7:10 pm

Ordered my Baker Creek veggie seeds in late November ! got them in plenty of time.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

thegawd
Head Cockerel-Moderator

Post by thegawd » Thu Jun 03, 2021 10:31 pm

we got 2 OSC orders, one we did early and one about 6 weeks ago for hot peppers. we have all kinds of veggies growing! Lizzie had the greenhouse FULL! with 1000's of plants! haha we will have extra plants available just not sure what yet as we are still kind of planning n planting as the weather let's us. So since I didn't always keep seeds properly and germination was less than perfect and that's what your expecting but then you plant seeds that have been stored properly and then suddenly your not so big greenhouse feels like a crowded nursery? LMAO. You know! haha sorry about that run on sentence but that was kind of fun haha it's true though most of the seeds Lizzie germinated were new seeds and she was very successful. She also hatched a whole bunch of Cream Legbars and a few X Rsl's. I even saved one with splay leg for the first time ever and all I used was a perfectly sized elastic band wrapped around each leg to keep them under her. yup it's a her and they call her speedy. her legs are kinda weird and her claws kind of curl under her foot and she runs everywhere. otherwise a good strong bird. they are doing absolutely great and have been free ranging with the rest of the flock for at least a couple weeks now. they might be 2 months old. I highly recommend this breed as they are hardy as hell and auto sexing with cockerals having a white dot on their head when they hatch. and we havent lost any of these chicks, 30 of them all together. so we then bought a Drake for our duck, (remember Tough Duck) she has a mate now! they are Khaki Campbells. we also picked up a dozen duck hatching eggs in the deal and 6 of them hatched! cute messy little bastards. not very friendly either but I guess that's the waterfowl hardiness survival instincts. Bunnies Bunnies Bunnies! There are lots of them!
Screenshot_20210603-222649_Gallery.jpg
Al

Home Grown Poultry

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:55 am

Cuteness abounds. Christopher end Jacqueline. Had Gilley in the barn yesterday as I thought something might happen. Went and checked at 2 in the aft, nothing. Went and checked at 4, two live on the ground standing on wobbly legs, licked dry, mom eating placenta. Babes had already had their first meal. All is well.

In nature they are prey animals, so they need to be up and mobile as soon as possible or they don't make it. Clean up so the predators don't know and some high protein for mom too. This bunch doing it right it appears.

Anyone want a buckling? Christopher, the more colourful one will be available in about two months.
Attachments
Hour old
Hour old
IMG-5950.JPG
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:58 pm

@Farrier1987 they are adorable. Congrats! I heard @WLLady really wants a goat.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:40 pm

I think she's in denial, really neds people to enable her!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Jun 04, 2021 4:25 pm

Happy wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 12:58 pm
@Farrier1987 they are adorable. Congrats! I heard @WLLady really wants a goat.
Ot would be easy to get her (a) goat.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:19 pm

:stars: @Farrier1987 baby goats are so cute! congrats! :stars:
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Return to “Around the Waterer”