Good Morning!

General discussion forum.
labradors
Head Chicken

Re: Good Morning!

Post by labradors » Tue May 04, 2021 12:11 pm

I always wanted the Pfizer shot and felt "lucky" to have got one, considering that we were told to take whatever we were given (and to be thankful for that!). Last night on the news, they finally came out and said that the Pfizer/Moderna were the best.

Sorry you had a bad reaction WLLady! I too had rabies shots many years ago, and felt as if I had the flu each time. I blame those shots for destroying my thyroid, and all because I rescued a skunk with his head stuck in a glass jar. He was so grateful that he bit me in the process :(.

Linda

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Tue May 04, 2021 3:24 pm

labradors wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 12:11 pm
I always wanted the Pfizer shot and felt "lucky" to have got one, considering that we were told to take whatever we were given (and to be thankful for that!). Last night on the news, they finally came out and said that the Pfizer/Moderna were the best.

Sorry you had a bad reaction WLLady! I too had rabies shots many years ago, and felt as if I had the flu each time. I blame those shots for destroying my thyroid, and all because I rescued a skunk with his head stuck in a glass jar. He was so grateful that he bit me in the process :(.

Linda
@labradors , I found this video regarding the Covid-19 vaccines to be very informative and reassuring, and hope that you will give it a listen too :-) ...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcUk-J7WOEI
WLLady wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 9:18 am
good morning all. the morning after the AZ vaccination! I can with 100% certainty say i am making antibodies! And i failed to get the number of the truck that ran me over exactly 12 hours after the shot LOL. Both me and hubby are in the same boat today. so we're both just having a quiet day. Just super glad to have at least 1 dose in me! Think i'll alternate between maybe planting stuff or organizing the greenhouse and sleeping. This one definitely wiped me out, but not the worst vaccine i've ever had-rabies was worse than this one. And i'm 100% sure it's still nicer than getting covid 19.
My third duck decided to go down for the count last night on eggs. The black duck i think is sitting on a bunch of duds....oh well. i don't dare try to take them away because she's got deadly aim. LOL.

May the fourth be with everyone today!
@WLLady , I had a day where I had a headache, fatigue and general malaise about 48 hours after my first AZ shot, but was pretty much back to normal the next day. Like you said, it's a good sign that you are making antibodies. Hope you'll feel better tomorrow. :-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Wed May 05, 2021 2:18 am

best vaccine is the first one you can get...Covid variant is spreading like wildfire and people get very sick very quickly...our cousin died last week...she complained about a cough in the morning...1 pm she was having trouble breathing...so our other cousin called 911...she passed away 2 hours later...2 weeks after her vaccine (we're still in shock)...someone at her work had covid...her sister in law died today...her daughter has Covid...everyone is in quarantine so delaying the funeral...my hubby's employee tested positive for Covid today (she was really sick last week but seems to be recovering well) so our family and everyone in the office and their families are in quarantine...our family has to stay apart...told kids they can only leave bedrooms to go to the washroom... they are happy as long as they have WIFI. lol. 14 days of this regardless of what the test results are...we will get results in 3 to 5 days...we were all tested today...stay safe everyone, don't let your guard down...

good news is typically a person reacts to one or the other so if you react to your first you probably won't to the second shot

hopefully everyone in Canada will be vaccinated at least once in the next couple months

i have attached some photos i'm not sure if there is something wrong with the chicks feathers. is this normal moulting? thank you gurus!
20210505_020851.jpg
20210505_020820.jpg
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed May 05, 2021 6:29 am

They look normal to me.
Best of luck with the health scares, very sorry to hear of the loss. Thank you for posting because I think it makes it real for people to understand.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed May 05, 2021 9:32 am

Yep! they look great! You'll find there's a lot of dust around when the feathers are growing in because of the feather casings and the down falling out. LOL.

I'm so sorry to hear of all the covid losses and scares! i hope those that are sick recover well and fully and the rest quarantine for no reason (aka, negative tests!). It's very small consolation that we can all have funerals etc later....sigh. We are waiting to have a celebration of life for several people in my mom's side of the family that have passed in the last 14 months. So many people just don't get it, and i'm happy about that because it means that covid hasn't taken someone they know yet. and i hope it doesn't. But when it hits, it's as real as it can get....

I was reading some scientific peer reviewed papers yesterday and found a couple of interesting ones that correlated antibodies to the virus before vaccination and the occurrence of side effects at vaccination. 100% of the people that had a positive antibody test before their first vaccination had large side effects and worse side effects from the first shot, and then none in their second. Those that didn't have any antibodies did not have effects from the first vaccination, but did at their second. I wish i had had the ability to get the antibody test before vaccination, because we had a horrible illness go through work early last year after a student from overseas came back sick from christmas. I'm the second person vaccinated here, and the other person also had a horrible reaction to the vaccine too. so now we're waiting to see how everyone else does.....lol. kind of a retrospective "study" done in the least scientific way possible.....
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Wed May 05, 2021 2:07 pm

We'll keep an eye out because we figure we both had it before it was known/admitted back in November!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

lolotsung
Free Ranging

Post by lolotsung » Wed May 05, 2021 2:33 pm

Retrospective study. :-) Mmmm that is interesting because it kinda of makes sense eg. if you are in contact with a person with Covid 4 days before your vaccine but you are not sick then you may get VERY sick thinking it is a reaction to the vaccine but it is actually your body fighting off Covid from 4 days ago. If you are tested and you have antibodies then they can stay in your body up to 4 months. My husband had no reaction. I had mild soreness at the injection site, mild headache(first evening) and mild fatigue for a day.
:broodyhen: :chicks: :feed ducks: :iheartpto:

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Wed May 05, 2021 3:31 pm

I got my first shot April 24 at 10:50 a.m. It was from Pfizer. The injection was painless. As the day went on the injection site got hot and then sore. My upper arm was sore and a bit stiff for about a day and a half. The only other effect I had was being quite tired in the afternoon and evening. I went to bed early and slept more soundly than usual.

My sister got her first shot the other day. It was from Astra Zeneca. She said "bad headache for 2 days, chills and felt like I'd been hit by a truck the next, really tired. I slept most of the next day. Arm bruised and hurt for over a week."

I don't think I want my second shot to be from a different type. They are supposed to have information from trials where they gave two different types of shots this week.

I feel really bad for the people who died from blood clots. :(

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Wed May 05, 2021 10:05 pm

my headache finally cleared last night and I am feeling great today. except for the stupid sprained ankle. sometimes it sucks when there's something wrong in your back so you have zero feeling and no reflexes in your leg, then sprain your ankle somehow and it doesn't hurt until the thing untracked in your back retracts and holy crap you can't walk on your ankle. gah!!! I swear I need a body transplant! oh well. surgery to fix the fix is being scheduled.....till then I love my ice pack and am happy I feel better!! I do want AZ for my second shot. the coding is different enough from Pfizer and Moderna to the AZ that I don't trust it to boost it. Pfizer and Moderna are close enough in my opinion as a scientist. AZ and Janssen should be able to boost each other. but no mix and match between then 2 groups! nowadays is it's own beast...wouldn't use it to boost any of the others. so I better get AZ for my second

with DHs help tonight we despaired Mike (the rooster in the banner) using the hot potato method. works a charm. he's in a clean dog pen overnight....will be back in general population tomorrow. covid nuked farmgate egg sales here so we are downsizing more hopefully on the weekend....I just had to donate 15 dozen eggs to the ravine coons/compost. sigh. no sales means fewer birds....will likely just pare back to a few girls (and mike to keep them safe).
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Thu May 06, 2021 8:03 am

WLLady, how awful that you cannot sell those lovely eggs :(. I hope you are giving some to the pooches at least.

Linda

Return to “Around the Waterer”