General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Good Morning!

Post by ross » Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:27 am

Killerbunny wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 5:55 am
Apparently Dumpy turned down a request for the National Guard???
News this morn says feds offered help but Capital police chief turned it down . He has since resigned .
Last edited by ross on Sat Jan 09, 2021 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:24 pm

Thanks for the clarification @ross !
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Happy
Poultry Guru - pullet level

Post by Happy » Sat Jan 09, 2021 6:31 am

Sorry to hear about Ted @WLLady
That will be an adjustment for all of you.

Bayvistafarm
Chatty Hen

Post by Bayvistafarm » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:14 am

Good lord... take care of that break Farrier1987. I can imagine the pain, sometimes without even moving, but thinking of moving will cause it to throb, lol. Yes, lots of coffee... but then the trek to the bathroom, unless of course, something has been set up beside you, ha ha.

Its a glorious day!!!!!!!!! So bright, so sunny. Went out, fed the barn cats, mixed up and took out some neo-chlor for (my red palm... from Brebis years ago), although the other 2 and a rooster will drink it also... I don't like the way shes been kind of fluffed, and shaking her head. I see NO discharge... and only heard maybe one sneeze? But I'm not out there, only to basically turn on the lights, make sure there is feed/water, and leave. I have it, it can't hurt them, they are only pets anyhow.

I put my bread maker to use this morning. I WAS going to make it by hand... then decided I wanted to be outside instead, although I'm in here right now. I'm kinda keeping an eye on my FB Pampered Chef party..... its a drop in sort of thing, I've had my eye on the rotisserie oven, that also is an air fryer, dehydrator, oven....I had a chicken done in a rotisserie oven at a friends last summer, and HOLY, its so good!! Not this particular oven, but it was better than Swiss Chalet. The downfall is my fat chickens in the freezer are 7-8 pounds, and it only does a 4 lb chicken, but regardless, I am excited. I've been wanting on since last year, and a friend of mine does pampered chef... and told me the oven is on sale, 25% off right now, and I can get even more off it with having sales from a party. I HATE doing that... sounds like I'm greedy for sales.... but its mainly family and a few close friends. I'm getting it regardless, lol.

I've been splitting wood... when 'they' can get it up to me. I've filled a pallet crate Jeremy emptied, and been working on the row. I need more now however.

I've been babysitting Sawyer for 3 days last week. Did 3 long days, been there before 7am, and 9am... until Dave gets home. Took Grace to daycare the first day. He comes outside with me, helps split wood.. we go to the bush to feed the birds at the cabin... he is SUPPOSED to be online with the schooling, but Jess wasn't here to set it up so she said F it for this past week. Course, now the kids are NOT going back (elementary) on Jan. 11... and she is off Monday... yay... another day to myself, and will set him up then. Everyone in this neck of the woods, were supposed to start their kids online this past week, but Tuesday proved futile, with a WIDE SPREAD internet fail... particularly cogeco. I didn't notice it, as I went to Paisley, and then drove to Owen Sound to see mom, where shes been moved to another hospital from Southampton. Sure don't want her moved into LTC... where she will be fast-tracked from there, when space allows... with covid so ramped up. And today, I learned that 2 fellow farmer friends (younger guys.... late 30's) somehow contacted Covid. The one guy, had NO symptoms, but got tested, because he dressed up as Santa and did some outdoor events. But his cousin, whom is in his bubble, got it, and was very sick with it. Weird how it affects people differently.

Sawyer and I did a few pages of math from a Costco math book, he read from another book... we came up here, and made oatmeal chocolate cookies, where I made him do the measuring, and incorporated fractions (hes in grade 3)... he did quite well. Then I made him figure out how many dozens we made, how many cookies in a dozen, and how many cookies all together, and how many were left, after Gary, Sawyer, and I ate more than a few, LOL. Then I bagged cookies for the other two houses on the farm.

We came back outside, went to the cabin to feed the birds, and I quizzed him on the names of the different kinds of birds we saw. (hes been back there more than a few times doing this with me). We talked about cowbirds, because those idiots have swamped my ground feeder outside my living room window, like last year.. and he was watching them. Told him about there parasitic nesting habits. He doesn't like them anymore, after I told him the bigger cowbird pushes out smaller birds to their death. He kept hitting the window to scare them away, lol.

Well, I guess I should go find something to do. Maybe go to the cabin, just to see the birds. The squirrels shouldn't (normal squirrels) have emptied the bird feeder back there yet..... and with NO wood or babysitting to do, I need to do something!! My house can only be so clean, can only bake some many goodies...

Oh... and go see Gary's new truck. He had to have one you know. Just to have it sit 98% of the time. I'm quite fine getting my feed and stuff with the explorer, and was prepared to borrow a truck incase I needed to take cull birds to a sale.... but I don't think we need the expense, at least right now, with the farm still in transition. Apparently Jeremy is buying the truck for Gary, as we have to pay the other farm bills. Makes me sick bringing this all up again, and I am sure, we will have to cough up the money at some point. Jeremy doesn't give any deals.

So... I guess Monday, or soon, he will have to go get it licensed or something. Wonder how that will work... if things are shut down. Guess I will know shortly. He wants to farm plate it, but I think that will turn it into a commercial vehicle, and will have to be safetied every year. Its a 1500, so I doubt he will do much 'farming' with it. Jeremy has the heavier duty truck. Then deal with the CVOR crap, when its due now, and I told Gary, that HE doesn't need the CVOR now, Jeremy can get it, as everything (grain truck especially) will be his. Ugh.

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:37 am

@Bayvistafarm a friend has one of those thingys that pressure cooks etc. and then you crisp the chicken in it and he swears by it.
I love the incorporating real life into learning, makes it fun all round. Sounds like a bright chap.
Mutt chickens for eggs

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:08 am

Just heard form my cousin in UK (84) and her girlfriend (81) that they got their vaxx last week. It was the Pfizer one and no problem at all. She tells me it was very well organised. You drove into the parking lot at the hospital and were directed by marshalls to a spot. Vaccinated and wait for 15 minutes in another lot where there were EMTs. SHe says it was very fast and efficient so I have to ask why are we not doing this??? Mind you I had to laugh because it was nearly cancelled due to 3" of snow nd a deep freeze! SO all good news.
Mutt chickens for eggs

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 10:52 am

Bayvistafarm wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:14 am
Good lord... take care of that break Farrier1987. I can imagine the pain, sometimes without even moving, but thinking of moving will cause it to throb, lol. Yes, lots of coffee... but then the trek to the bathroom, unless of course, something has been set up beside you, ha ha.
Thanks. No serious pain, but some times a dull but serious ache. Advil and cold packs make it not bad. Havent peed my pants yet, but that milk jug next the chair is getting kind of yucky.

Went out and fed goats and chickens and collected eggs last eve. Herself did not approve but I missed the animals. Wont do that again for a few days tho. Planning to take a grain sack and make a slipcover for the cast so I can do a little. Have had a visiting billy goat here for a couple weeks, he is a nice goat but just a little too rambunctious and he is going home tomorrow. Neighbors going to load and transport in my truck. Good neighbors mean a lot. Going to have to figure out getting grain in the next week or so.

About your farm truck plates, I think that makes it simpler, that it is considered somewhere between a tractor and a regular vehicle. Emphasis on the "I think" because I am no authority on it, just quoting the neighbor who is a real farmer.

Where is that Wolfwillowwoman these days? She should be reporting in with us and she is tardy. She and everyone else, I hope they are and remain OK through some trying times. Broken leg is not terribly important in the big picture.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Jan 10, 2021 11:30 am

Hi @Farrier1987 DH says it's a good thing there is global warming because now they can't just set you adrift on an icefloe.
Mutt chickens for eggs

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Jan 10, 2021 12:26 pm

Well, my MacBook Air charger crapped out, apparently 2010 is an antique.......
Watching the battery slowly drain as I was frantically trying to find a replacement, was not just a bit annoying, since DH has Mac Pro , and of course they aren't interchangeable!!!
:sAng_compy:
More adventures with Amazon delivery, just got an e-mail that refund for my returned pitcher is on the way. Had to double check that the pitches is still sitting on the shelf, yes it is, not sure why Amazon feels I have a refund coming, I am pretty happy with it :dunno:

Kbr42
Head Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Kbr42 » Sun Jan 10, 2021 2:14 pm

@WLLady very sorry about Ted! Sounds like he had a lovely life with you. Hope your girl keeps hugging you.

Return to “Around the Waterer”