Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:49 am

labradors wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:16 am
Great idea!

If it were mine, I'd like a rail on one side (for safety) with a flat top on which to plonk the clothes basket and clothes pegs on.

Linda
It does have a flat top, made out of 3/4 in plywood covered by some wide conveyor belt for waterproofing. Its mostly level, but not really so water will drain some direction. It is also not attached to the ground, so if it needs moved/adjusted for position it can be. When we get it in just the right place, I am going to drive some posts and tie a ropes between for railing. The box for clothes pins on the pole is made out of 2x8 with drain holes in the bottom attached by u bolts,
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:16 am

ross wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:52 pm
Better yet get some Camo duct tape . Never know . 🦧
I think we could have a collection to get @WLLady some camo duct tape @ross what do you think? I didn't even know it came in camo, exciting!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:33 am

Kathy lol
Attachments
D1DA46FE-319F-49C6-A64F-6C54CF2A526E.jpeg
AF4BAF72-F2EA-42A4-8BA7-8E425F6C7C2C.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:46 am

Farrier, I understood that the top was flat. I meant that the flat "shelf" would be installed on top of the railing. It might be a bit dodgy for the laundry basket if a goat came along and bumped it, but it could save your wife from falling off!

Linda

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:10 am

LOL guys, I already HAVE camo duct tape somewhere!!!!! Although, i might have put it down and lost it because...well....it's camo....hahaha

I'm actually thinking about just throwing myself randomly onto the ground again and seeing if can undo whatever got done the last time! AND tempting fate here....i have another set of turkey "roasts" to go in the oven shortly for baking for sandwich meat. I just need to check what time i put the deer into the oven to see if i can't have a repeat performance and break the other rod! (I will just laugh and laugh and laugh in the ambulance on the way to hospital if it does happen again.....because that would just be SO 2020! although last time was on a saturday afternoon....i do believe it's friday the 13th today.....)

had to put the woodstove on this morning. it's cold in the house. someone forgot a window was open last night....and when we finally got upstairs it was about 2C up there. brrrrrrr. it sure didn't get any warmer overnight even after closing the window (we don't have the heat on yet just because). So woodstove is on and i might pull my chair up right in front of it! hope everyone has a great day.
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

labradors
Head Chicken

Post by labradors » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:29 am

Too funny about the camo duct tape! I had no idea that such a thing existed!

Hubby has finally made a chicken tractor because we felt so sorry that the chickens couldn't enjoy the green grass as their pen was all muddy and bereft of anything green.

Yesterday when I put them back inside, one hen decided she wasn't ready to leave yet so I closed everything and went back later with hubby and we put her in with the rest. However, lying in bed at 11 pm, I remembered that I had shut the pop door, confining them to the coop (where all but one were eating) so that they wouldn't all come out and decide to go back into the tractor (although one did) when we moored it alongside the door of the covered run. It dawned on me that I hadn't re-opened the coop door, so two birds were marooned in the covered run. We discovered them fast asleep on the perch, but we opened the pop door and put them in with the others. They were hungry, so we left them to it, closing the pop door again. It was probably unnecessary, but we felt good about it and the stars were amazing :).

Linda

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:22 pm

labradors wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:46 am
Farrier, I understood that the top was flat. I meant that the flat "shelf" would be installed on top of the railing. It might be a bit dodgy for the laundry basket if a goat came along and bumped it, but it could save your wife from falling off!

Linda
Goats will be locked in the barnyard or other pasture on laundry days. The wretches would jump up on a flat shelf. Or eat the clothes. Or knock whatsername off. They are just bad to the bone, so no trust will be placed in them to behave or anything so ridiculous. Lockem up. Thats what will happen. Serve em right.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:23 pm

Farriers goat jail . Relative Farrier?
Attachments
950DCA26-ACCF-44DA-9B61-6FFB08603785.jpeg
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:24 pm

My turkey birds just fly right up on to the line. They think the clothes cushion their feet and make it easier to grip. Tryng to shake them off makes it a fun game. Sometimes I think they are related to goats!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Return to “Around the Waterer”