Good Morning!

General discussion forum.
ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Re: Good Morning!

Post by ross » Wed Aug 05, 2020 4:09 pm

Had them many years ago . Attached wire pens rabbit type to outside of barn /shed & one inside with heat & filled with cedar clippings. Worked great , fun to watch . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Post by Farrier1987 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 4:18 pm

windwalkingwolf wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:39 am
Morning all!
I did a BAD thing. my house) designed just to make the tiny birdies happy.

Hello, my name is Jan, and I'm a birdaholic.
P.s. 6 July hatch button quail for trade. I'm obviously in great danger of getting attached.
OK, so you tell us about the button quail. But I am wanting to hear details about this BAD thing you did. I wait salaciously.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Aug 08, 2020 7:50 pm

Moved the Faverolles chicks to their forever home tonight along with buddy Polly. Hope they like it! Poor little things always seem so scared!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Sat Aug 08, 2020 9:43 pm

I think they'll be fine, @Killerbunny . Moves to to different environments are always stressful, but I'm pretty sure they will adapt and enjoy soon enough. :-)
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

WLLady
Stringy Old Soup Pot Hen of a Moderator
Answers: 5

Post by WLLady » Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:46 am

hi everyone!
where did the last week go? heck the last month? or wow...the summer?? its just flying by. I hear people complaining about boredom with the covid 19 thing....too much spare time...WHAT SPARE TIME??!!!! Argh!
helped friends fix their roof yesterday....we were going to extract honey but the containers werent delivered...but...wait! what was in my parcel box since friday? i guess someone didnt hear the truck while i was at work.and someone else didnt bother to check because some company didnt send a delivery notice lol. found them yesterday evening. so guess what we will attempt today? lol
i let the youngster guineas out to learn about free ranging and they dutifully got stuck in the hay. sink or swim guys. and went to do chores yesterday and a stench upstairs....big old bloated dead rat. at least i know the poison is working...but that one got added to a bucket of waste water (in case it blew up on the way to the burn bin) and it floated...ug. so gross. anyways that one is disposed of to the depths of firedom...made 8 jars of ketchup yesterday. fixed a roof. pulled some weeds. froze some peppers. saw some shooting stars in the evening....persied showers are nice this year! hopefully it clears up for viewing again the next 2 nights.
was starting to think a viable business opportunity may exist in tutoring...lol.
chickens will soon need to move to new pens. selected my muscovies to keep...i have every shade of blue under the sun it seems. theyre all gorgeous. i have 2 white that i will keep and a couple of blues with bibs and random splotches of white. theres one that looks like blue black and white that will stay as well. turkeys are using the great outdoors now...scared of every sparrow that flies by. saved a sparrow that tried to drown itself in a tree watering bucket yesterday. and soon going to be cockerel processing time. so generally a nice quiet week here lol. i need some holidays....haha
:giraffe: Pet quality wheaten/blue wheaten ameraucanas, welsummers, barred rocks, light brown leghorns; Projects on the go: rhodebars, welbars

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:16 am

Good morning,
It has been a long time since there was an actual puppy in this house (about 25 years ) wow, I haven't seen so many sunrises in a long time too :)
Meanwhile on the farm........
had a bit of a mishap traveling to Perth trying to find my left turn according to directions, slowing down and realizing that the road has a different name to the right and my left turn Rd is RIGHT THERE, put on left indicator and started turning and hit a pick up truck which was just passing me.
So it earned me an $ 85 fine and an SUV that is a write off.
After dragging our feet for 2 years on when to replace it, decision made ;)

ross
Teenaged Cockerel

Post by ross » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:58 am

All lives ok ?
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Post by Jaye » Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:59 am

Oh dear. Not a great day for you @Ontario Chick . Nobody hurt, I assume? It's not awful to shop for a new vehicle, though, right?
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:28 am

Ugh, sorry to hear that OC!
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru

Post by Ontario Chick » Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:36 am

ross wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 7:58 am
All lives ok ?
Not a scratch
Killerbunny wrote:
Tue Aug 11, 2020 8:28 am

Ugh, sorry to hear that OC!

First accident in 50 years, so I guess I am good for another 50 ;)

Return to “Around the Waterer”