Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:48 am
Way to go @Farrier1987 s Mum!
I second that :coolguy:

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken
Answers: 1

Re: Good Morning!

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:15 am

A bright sunny day, Staked out goats and horses. Haven't decided yet whether to burn them or not. Just let them eat til we gather the faggots to stack around them and light them on fire. Don't know if we have the energy today.

Son and grandkids coming today. No daughter in law. No real serious friction, but we are not her kind of people. Wont eat farm eggs. Is aghast that we have goats in the back yard. Actually stepped in chicken poop when she was here once. So she mostly has something else to do the two days a year he brings the kids. Just as it is I guess. She doesn't know what she is missing.

I put my eggs on Kijiji. Barnyard muts. Three different people contact me and say they want them. Then they don't answer the phone or return messages. Bloody irritating. If they are not really interested, why do they waste their time and mine? And another one Wants Jersey giants, black. Would take 20 RTL pullets, or just eggs. Has emailed me three times. and I have told her I don't have JG's. Where are peoples brains?

Rant rant rant. Gotta go have a bath because company is coming. The things we have to go through. Rant.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:17 am

And also WWW said she was coming back. You cant trust nobody. Rant. I really miss abusing her on here. And her returning it.
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:26 pm

Farrier1987 wrote:
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:17 am
And also WWW said she was coming back. You cant trust nobody. Rant. I really miss abusing her on here. And her returning it.
I think @windwalkingwolf was kind enough to let us know she is still around and hoping to come out the other end of c.r.a.p. sometime in May, so lets give her some space and time.
Surely @Farrier1987between relatives and customers, there are plenty of "rant" opportunities ?

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:58 pm

Omg!..omg!...omg!...spring must be just around the corner...the Brabanter pullets are starting to lay...the older two hens laid an occasional egg last couple of months but today i got a half size egg...I am so tickled...I DO have to rid myself of some Brabanter cockerals...I have two really sweet interesting EE roosters that are using up one too many spaces in the coop...and I need the space...have to move the Brabanter boys into a bachelor pen while i decide what to do with them all...I have 7 in all....how in hell did i manage that?..lol...If i build more coop, MJ will have my %#$@%×&€€ and I am rather fond on them so that's not in the foreseeable future...and a certain young lady/enabler offered an incubator to me...oh the confusion of it all...my head hurts...but the pullets are starting to lay...yay...eggs are right to left half size new Brabanter egg....
20200222_174105.jpg
..then a scratched BCM, then a Welsummer and then one of the eggs from the old Rock girls...did i say that I love those girls?..5 years old this June.. :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:39 pm

1. If I were you I would grab that incubator offer, hatching your own is great fun.
2. Vian asks if you want a set of plans for extra coops??????
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:25 pm

KB..i intend on that very thing...lol
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:33 am

:))
I am taking this as an absolute proof that spring is coming, that, and the red squirrels yelling at each other, or perhaps courting? hard to tell ;)

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:37 am

Likely defending territory. I think these are one of the squirrel types that mate in Oct/Nov and don't implant until the weather improves. This gives them the best chance of success. I think you are correct @Ontario Chick therefore regarding spring!
Interestingly I haven't seen our pair of black squirrels around lately ;-)
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

poultry_admin
Site Admin

Post by poultry_admin » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:00 am

It feels like spring in our neck of the woods. We now had a few days of sunshine and +5 to +7 during the day. Chilly wind with it though, but warm enough today that the first hatch of cluster flies is out. :barf:
I get to fix the potholes in the driveway now. Sure sign of spring around here. :yippiechickie:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

Return to “Around the Waterer”