How much of your PRIVATE life do you share here?

General discussion forum.
Poultryprincess
Chatty Hen

How much of your PRIVATE life do you share here?

Post by Poultryprincess » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:04 pm

There have been a few times on PTO where I have read or shared some pretty "Private" poop.
Then I worry IF I crossed the "FUN chicken site" line, and "what will people think of me now"
At the same time, I feel like I "kinda" know some of you, & feel safe speaking my truth
Or do you "put on a Happy face" & Pretend to be smiling OR use PTO as an escape?
Gawd knows when I am having some major "Chicken" trouble I find solace here.

SOOOOO what do the majority feel about sharing their PERSONAL poop?
Keep it to yourself, or blurt it out for all to see? :dunno:
:PTO: My NEW Life Motto for 2020 "DREAM BIG ~ SET GOALS ~ TAKE ACTION" :PTO:

poultry_admin
Site Admin
Answers: 1

Re: How much of your PRIVATE life do you share here?

Post by poultry_admin » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:22 am

Whatever makes you happy!
I don't think there is a "right" way of sharing on :PTO:. That's why we have both, content sections and social sections like "Around the Waterer".
:hi5:
Be brave enough to suck at something new!
Political Grace: The art of disagreeing well.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:49 am

Just remember whatever is put out there on open mike it’s free to be stomped on , hugged or ignored . Luck
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Killerbunny
Poultry Guru - total zen level
Answers: 4

Post by Killerbunny » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:40 am

I felt the hugs when I had BC! I didn't mind sharing that but I don't share much else except about birds.
:iheartpto:
Beltsville Small White turkeys.
Mutt chickens for eggs
RIP Stephen the BSW Tom and my coffee companion.
RIP Lucky the Very Brave Splash Wyandotte rooster.
RIP little Muppet the rescue cat.
:turkey:

:bat:

kenya
Henny Penny

Post by kenya » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:04 am

I agree what ever makes you happy. I always love to hear what other members are up to. Sometimes it gets me doing things such as getting the garden ready, planting seeds , cleaning up because I hear everyone else is doing it.

Shnookie
Free Ranging

Post by Shnookie » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:28 am

Everyone needs to vent sometimes. If another person doesn't want to read what you say, that is their choice.

TomK
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by TomK » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:50 pm

Interesting question..it caught my interest immediately, but i mulled it over a bit and even wondered if i would respond...the problem is, IMO, other social media and the constant reaping of personal data for stupid intrusive mind numbing advertising...I dont know about you folks, but I sometimes look at those ads but NEVER buy a thing as a result...are there really suckers out there spending their hard earned coin on this poop that no one ever needed?... Lol...as a result, i get targeted ads on my personal interest stream...not here...phew!... And i never say anything of a personal nature on those other sites...here? A bit more open...not a lot...just enough to feel at home and let you folks in a little...its only fair...you all have been welcoming and supportive and nary a harsh word...what a delight...really...well informed opinions that i can actually use and trust...i blather on sometimes about an occassional foray into something new...spout an opinion here and there...get a withering look from MJ when she reads what i write...but its all good...social media the way it should be...thank you :run:
If you don't plant the tree, you will never have the fruit...

KimChick
Head Chicken

Post by KimChick » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:02 pm

Sharing stuff about private life? Well, that just depends on what it is, I suppose. ;) And where your comfort level is in sharing.

Farrier1987
Stringy Old Chicken

Post by Farrier1987 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:33 am

I figure you can post whatever you are comfortable with for yourself. But if its about others, leave them to tell it or comment as they wish. Example: A couple weeks ago, i said I was going out with friends for supper. Then later in another post WLL said it was that dynamic duo of she and Martin. Now this is on the rather benign side and wouldnt really matter, if I had said who, but thats the kind of thing I mean.

Now, if anyone wants private closeups of certain body parts, send me a PM. I had to send one of my elbow to Happy, I am not sure why, but hey, who am I to judge her inner longings?
Farrier1987. South of Chatham on Lake Erie. Chickens, goats, horse, garden, dog, cat. Worked all over the world. Know a little bit about a lot of things. No incubator, broody hens.

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:25 am

Like @TomK I mulled a bit, being a private person by the way of my birthright;)
I tend to keep things close to my chest in general and on internet in particular.
This site is different because of the fact that there is NO OUTside advertising, and that makes it feel more secure and personal, so really feels like talking to a small group of friends who have the same interest, so sometime when something share-worthy happens in my life outside of the realm of chickendom I will blurt it out on PTO :)

Return to “Around the Waterer”