allergies

General discussion forum.
baronrenfrew
Stringy Old Chicken

allergies

Post by baronrenfrew » Tue Jun 04, 2019 5:11 pm

bleepin allergies - this year has been worse than most. nose plugged up beginning of May, but i could function. two weeks ago it hit me hard - been useless for anything physical ever since. tried different meds - just dulls the symptoms -

i gotta get serious and get quail eggs - eat three a day - some say its almost magical how that stop allergies - its a protein in the egg whites. you can’t patent eggs so no one spends money to study them.
Diligently follow the path of two swords as one. Percieve that which the eye cannot see. Seek the truth in all things. Do not engage in useless activity.

The Book of Five Rings, Miyamoto Musashi, Japan's greatest swordsmen

Jaye
Poultry Guru - chick level
Answers: 3

Re: allergies

Post by Jaye » Tue Jun 04, 2019 6:32 pm

I would suggest that you eat at least 6 a day, preferably 8, at first ... don't forget, one chicken egg is equivalent to 3-4 quail eggs, so it may sound like a lot, but it's no more than a two (chicken) egg breakfast. DH suffered from chronic hives and was taking Reactine every day. If he missed a day, he would break out. So he started eating 8 eggs every morning for a month, after which he cut back to 5 or 6 a day for a month. Then he stopped taking his Reactine and found he no longer needed it. After that happy discovery, he cut back even more. He still ate quail eggs regularly, but not in large amounts and not always every day. You're right though, this year has been bad. DH had to increase his quail egg consumption again in May because if he didn't eat them daily, he had to take Reactine.
Results may vary from person to person, of course. Still, it's worth trying, I think. Quail eggs are delicious; much tastier than allergy medication. ;-)
p.s. Invest in some quail scissors if you plan on giving quail eggs a try; they are really inexpensive on Amazon, and cracking open those little eggs without them is just not worth the aggravation, IMHO.
RIP Scooby, AKA Awesome Dog. Too well loved to ever be forgotten. "Sometime in June", 2005 - January 24, 2017.
"Until one has loved an animal, part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Ontario Chick
Poultry Guru
Answers: 2

Post by Ontario Chick » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:25 am

Very high pollen count this spring on spruce and pine.
The dog started scratching his nose and I commented on him starting a bit early with his annual allergies and before I finished the thought I was in a full blown allergy mode, which is fairly unusual for me, so check the pollen count on Environment website and all became clear, what a nuisance.

ross
Teenaged Cockerel
Answers: 2

Post by ross » Wed Jun 05, 2019 9:55 am

Should be an App for that . Lol 🌾🥀
ENJOY YOUR HUNTING / FISHING HERITAGE & the GREATNESS of CANADA

Return to “Around the Waterer”